History of Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU)
VTU is one of the largest Technological Universities in India with 16 years of Tradition of excellence in Engineering & Technical Education, Research, and Innovations. It came into existence in the year1998to cater the needs of Indian industries for trained technical manpower with practical experience and sound theoretical knowledge.
University has very successfully achieved the tremendous task of bringing various colleges affiliated earlier to different Universities, with different syllabi, different procedures and different traditions under one umbrella.
- The university having 202 affiliated colleges
- 1 constituent college
- 17 Autonomous colleges with undergraduate courses in 35 disciplines
- PG program in 94 disciplines and Ph.D& M.sc(Engg.) with research programs in 592 departments
- The University has 13 Quality Improvement Programme (QIP) centers in various affiliated colleges and 16 extension centers for offering PG programs.
Colleges under VTU:
- VTU has four regional centers across the State of Karnataka in Belagavi, Bengaluru, Kalaburagi and Mysuru respectively.
- University is comprised of a multi-disciplinary and multi-level institution offering wide-ranging programs in engineering, technology, and Management.
- The University is making steady progress in developing and providing the best technical environment for education and will continue to serve the nation in coming years.
- Equipped with the extremely rich resources of an outstanding student body and faculty strong partnerships with business, industry, and government and support from alumni and friends, VTU is designing a future of global preeminence, leadership, and service.
Key facts about the University
VTU is the first university in the country to adopt Innovative steps in the examination reforms by adopting Digital Evaluation System in the year 2011-12.
Online services like delivery of question papers to affiliated colleges (Question Paper Delivery System-QPDS), result announcement, photocopy availability, PG courses thesis valuation, Ph.D. thesis valuation and Examination Results announced on Mobile Phone through SMS. Other facts about the University are:
- UGC recognised
- 'International Quality Award 2014' by BID Group One of USA
- MOUs with national and international organizations
- Placement assistance provided
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty members
- Regular workshops, seminars, and conferences
- Focus on R&D activities
- Scholarships for meritorious students
There are 208 colleges affiliated to the university. The colleges are categorized as 'government', 'private-aided' and 'private-unaided' based on the type of funding. A few colleges may be classified as 'minority linguistic' and 'minority religious' based on the minority status of languages and religions.Further, these colleges are placed under 'autonomous' and 'non-autonomouscategory of institutions granted by
Application Eligibility criteria
- Candidate must have passed/appeared for the Qualifying Degree Examination and secured the prescribed Minimum Marks in the Subject(s)/course(s)concerned as mentioned in the Brochure. and
- Candidate must have qualified at the common Entrance Test conducted by the University in the Academic year for which admission is sought. For administrative reasons, the University may conduct the entrance test before the publication of the results of the qualifying degree examination concerned. But qualifying at the Entrance Test alone does not confer a right of admission into a course. In addition to being qualified at the common Entrance Test, a candidate will be eligible for admission only if he/she passes the qualifying degree examination before the commencement of counseling for admission and secures the prescribed minimum marks in the subject(s)/course(s) concerned. He/She must submit the necessary documents at the time of counseling.
How to apply
The applicants seeking admission can follow these simple steps:
- The applicants seeking admission can apply by filling the online application form available on the website
- The applicants seeking admission can register themselves to the Under Graduation courses by submitting the registration fee
- The applicants seeking admission can pay the registration fees through Credit Card or Debit Card or Net Banking.
- The applicants seeking admission are advised to take the printout of filled-in online application form.
- The applicants seeking admission must upload the following documents along with the filled in application form
- CSTPP has a strong tradition of research collaboration with industry and academia.
- The administration encourages research within VTU and goes beyond the boundaries of VTU affiliated institutions to work with colleagues in universities around the world to address the needs of the society.
- CSTPP believes in collaboration to collimate the good work by any organizations to meet its goal.
VTU and University of California (UCR)
- University of California (Riverside) and VTU/CSTPP entered into an agreement for various programs between VTU and UCR.
- VTU through its CSTPP and International Education programs (IEP), University of California’s Riverside campus agree to cooperate in order to provide VTU students opportunities to undertake graduate level courses in the University of California, Riverside.
- VTU delegates consisting of VC, Dr. Maheshappa, Advisor and chief mentor cSTPP Mr. Nishit Sahay, EC member Mr. R. Shivkumar visited the University of California in September 2014 and initiated the dialogue for collaboration.
The University has established a working relationship with more than 400 Universities, Industries and Research Institutes across the globe and signed formal agreements with more than 85 organizations for various Academic and Research Activities.These MoUs are established in view of providing opportunities to Students and Faculty members in terms of Intellectual Exchanges and Collaborative Research Activities. The activities include Semester Abroad Programmes / Internships (Incoming and Outgoing), Integrated / Dual Degree Programmes (3+1 / 3+2), Special Lectures by the International Researchers (Short and Long Term), Joint Research Activities including Collaborative Funded Research Projects, Joint Lab Establishments etc.
- South Korea
- The USA.
- Address:The Registrar, Visvesvaraya Technological University, “Jnana Sangama”, Belgaum: 590018, Karnataka, India.
- Telephone Number: 0831-2498100
- Fax Number: 0831-2405467
- E-mail ID: email@example.com