Sikkim Manipal University of Health Medical and Technological Sciences also know as Sikkim Manipal University (SMU) was established in 1995. It is a co-promoted by Government of Sikkim and Manipal Education and Medical Group which also runs Manipal University in Karnataka.
The university has medical and technology campuses – Tadong 25.33 acres and Majitar 34.34 acres. It has a 500 bed hospital attached to its medical college.
The university also runs its distance programs approved by UGC.
The university runs its courses through schools for physiotherapy, basic science, social science, technology and engineering, nursing and medical streams.
The courses are approved by AICTE and accredited by NBA.
The university was ranked at 6th position for excellence in education and 5th among engineering colleges by CSR-GHRDC survey in 2015.
The university follows CGPA system for continuous and comprehensive evaluation.
Application and Admission Procedure
manipal university mu manipal
The admission in this university is through an entrance examination which is known as manipal university online entrance test or MU-OET.
However, there are some courses to which direct admissions through counseling and online interviews take place. The candidates need to stay updated with the information available on the website in order to know more about their respective courses and their admission processes.
The students can obtain the details regarding the admission process with the help of the prospectus which is available on the official website of the university.
- The application forms can be filled online or offline as per the needs and convenience of the students. The candidates need to attach the supporting documents in the form as mentioned on the website. The online application form will be 2000INR for Indian nationals or 2500INR in case of the foreign students.
- Those who have applied for the admission process will receive an email and a SMS notification from the admission office on their registered id and phone number regarding the online test which will take place before the admission. The students can choose the date, time and venue for the examination.
- After the online examination, the counseling takes place and after some rounds of counseling, the interview takes place.
Hostel and Facilities
Separate hostels are available for boys and girls separately. Hostels for NRI students are also present on campus. The rooms are provided with basic amenities like A cot, a mattress, a study table, a chair and a cupboard for each student is provided inside the rooms. Other facilities include-
- Uninterrupted electricity, Wi-fi facility is also provided
- Solar/electric heated water facility, water cooler with Aquaguard filters, common telephone, common TV room, common reading room etc are other facilities
- It is MANDATORY for all first-year UG students to reside in the Hostels.
- Air-conditioned rooms are also available allotted on first come first serve basis
- Indoor games facility, reading room, washing machines are other inherent facilities
- Fees are different across course categories and information can be collected from the official website.
Other Campus Facilities:
Various other facilities provided on campus are also mentioned as follows-
- MIT Innovation Centre which promotes research and innovation, seed funding to basic ideas, patenting education and awareness and facilitates at least two innovative products from the university that are useful to society
- Medical Simulation Centre which uses training manikins to teach healthcare students the skills to manage real-life emergencies
- 5 Bank Branches and 8 ATMs
- 16730 sq metres, 4000 seater Dr TMA Pai International Convention Centre
- 6 major central libraries
- Marena Sports Complex, the star attraction of Manipal University, contains one NBA Standard Basketball Court, 4 squash courts, 5 badminton courts, swimming pool, sauna, steam bath and many more.
|Maximum salary offered||980000|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered||490000|
|MBA Finance||XAT||General||85 Percentile||2016|