The Institute has been named after Shri. Shivappa Gurubasappa Balekundri (born May 5, 1922), who was a Civil Engineer and an irrigation expert. He was the chief engineer and architect of Malaprabha, Ghataprabha, Alamatti and Narayanapur dams of the south, north and eastern regions of Karnataka State. He is best remembered today as Second Visvesvaraya.The Karnataka government has honoured him by instituting an award for engineering excellence in his name. A statue was also erected in 2006 at Alamatti in his honour and a road has been named after him in the state capital Bengaluru.
The Institute has five academic departments with well qualified faculty. It is a campus with a serene, scholastic atmosphere consisting of well- planned buildings with spacious classrooms, sophisticated equipment, state of the art laboratories, and internet and wi-fi facilities.
To impart Technical Education with Spiritual Value
- Establish Quality Educational Institutions in disciplines considered feasible.
- Take Education to the door-step of aspirants by extending the facilities to the rural Areas.
- Provide Scholarship facility to the poor and deserving.
- Establish Boarding and Hostel facilities for both boys and Girls.
- Execute projects based on appropriate technology for rural artisans sponsored by State Government, Central Government and such other organizations for up-liftment of down trodden.
- Use expertise, Resources and modern technology available for the research and development by establishing research centers.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|