KIRLOSKAR INSTITUTE OF ADVANCED MANAGEMENT STUDIES
The Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies has a vision of providing society with a center of learning that excels in management education, research, training and consultancy. The PGDM program enables the student to become a successful professional by inculcating in the students managerial skills along with tactics of problem solving and business building. The faculty of the institute is engaged in offering consultancy services to many companies which adds to its experience and knowledge.
How to Apply?
- The application form has to be downloaded from the website kiams.ac.in and the filled up application has to be sent along with a Demand Draft of Rs750 drawn in favor of Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies which will be payable at Harihar, Karnataka.
- Applications can also be sent online by going to http://www.kiams.ac.in/prompt.php
- A shortlist of candidates is taken out based on the scores in CAT/XAT/CMAT/MAT/ATMA and past academic records.
- The shortlisted candidates are called to either one of the campuses at Harihar or Pune or one of the many cities in India for the rest of the admission process
- A graduate in any discipline with an aggregate of 50% or more can apply to the institute.
- Candidates in the final year of Bachelor’s can also apply if they will finish their course before the PGDM course starts.
- The candidates have to send in their CAT/XAT/CMAT/MAT/ATMA scores to KIAMS immediately after they come out.
- Library which is well stocked with books, journals and magazines
- Swimming pool
- Computer labs available
- Classrooms use the latest technology for teaching
- Sports facilities available
- It is a fully residential course and hence, the hostel is impressive.
- The rooms are fully furnished
- Mess provided
- Hot water available
- Wi-fi available
- Rooms occupied on twin sharing basis
- The cost for the stay in KIAMS is Rs2,50,000
- The highest salary given to a student from KIAMS is 6.25lacs and the average is 4.20lacs.
- The recruiters from KIAMS for the year 2013-14 are:
- BN Mellon International Operations (India) Private Limited
- ITC Hotels
- L&T Infotech Ltd.
- Odessa Technologies
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Private Limited (PWC)
- Airtel Ltd.
- Bajaj Capital
- Bridgestone India Pvt. Ltd.
- Coffee Day Beverages
- Decathlon Sports India Pvt Ltd
- Drshti Strategic Research Services Pvt Ltd.
- SBI Life Insurance Ltd.
- Idea Cellular Ltd.
- IKYA Human Capital
- Lindstrom Services India Pvt. Ltd.
- McNroe Consumer Products Pvt. Ltd.
- SG Analytics
- Thomson Reuters
- XL Dynamics
- Alive Media
- Alphion India Pvt Ltd.
- Careerbuilder.com India Pvt. Ltd.
- ICICI Securities Ltd.
- Info Edge (India) Ltd.
- Jaro Education
- Lexi Pvt. Ltd.
- Madura Group
- Markets & Markets
- Medfield Research and Advisory Pvt. Ltd.
- Purpulgull Services India Pvt. Ltd
- Quikr India Pvt Ltd.
- Redington India
- Scorpio Events Management Pvt. Ltd.
- VR Software Systems (P) Ltd.
Included in Top 50 B-Schools of India
- Scholarship of Rs1,00,000 is offered to students scoring 95 percentile and above in CAT/XAT and CMAT exams
- Scholarship of Rs60,000 is offered to students who score between 90 to 94.99 percentile in CAT/XAT and CMAT exams
- Last date to submit filled applications is 15th April 2015.
- The next stage of admission procedure, i.e., group activities and interviews will be completed by April/May.
- There are active clubs on campus like the Brand Club, Finance Club, Marketing Club and Operations Club which add to the overall development of the student and also give the student an exciting campus life.
- The students get to interact with companies in campus so that their understanding of the managerial work they will be expected to do increases and they also move ahead of others in practical experience.
- There are also OTBs organized by the institute that make the students better at team work and also enrich their leadership capacities.
|Maximum salary offered||720000|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered||410000|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management Finance||CAT||General||65 Percentile||2015|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management Finance||CAT||General||65 Percentile||2016|
To pursue MBA at KIAMS students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.