|Popularity Rank (based on average rank of admitted students):||121|
The Board established Gopaldas Jhamatmal Advani Law College widely known as G. J. Advani Law College in the year 1977 which is permanently affiliated to the University of Mumbai and recognized under Section 2(f) & 12(B) of University Grants Commission Act and also recognized by the Bar Council of India, New Delhi (vide registration No. BCI/LE/GJAL/MBI/MU/04/) for the teaching of the three year Degree course in Law (LL.B.).
The College is named after one of the leading advocates of Sind, Late Shri. Gopaldas Jhamatmal Advani, who was a scholar and writer of book titled as â€˜Arbitration and Specific Relief Actâ€™. He was also connected with many Educational Institutions in Sind as well as in Mumbai. We are proud to say that the College has established its reputation for high standard of teaching in law. We are striving to make this College as centre of excellence in the field of Legal Education by adopting modern teaching and training techniques.
Criteria And Procedure
The admission is given on the basis of merit and as per the rules of Government of Maharashtra and University of Mumbai. 300 seats are available in the first year. College belongs to Linguistic Minority Community & seats are reserved as per Government Rules.
Qualification for Admission
- A Candidate for being eligible for admission to the First Year of Three years LL.B., must have passed/completed Degree Examination from a recognized University with minimum of 45% marks The above percentage of marks shall be relaxed by 5% for the candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Admission of a student from a University other than University of Mumbai, seeking admission to any of the classes at the College will be final on production of a certificate of eligibility from the University of Mumbai. On the production of provisional eligibility certificate a provisional admission to such candidate may be granted.
- Admission to a student from a University other than University of Mumbai is subject to the rules of eligibility & confirmation of the verification of documents from the parent university.
- As per the Rules of Bar Council of India, NO student shall be allowed to register for a law degree program simultaneously with any other graduate, post graduate or certificate course run by the same or any other University or an Institute for academic or professional learning except in the integrated degree program of the same institution. However any short period part time certificate course on language, computer science or computer application of an Institute or any course run by a Centre for Distance Learning of a University or any add-on part-time course/s in the areas in or related to law (e.g. I.P.R., Cyber Laws, Forensic Science etc.) are accepted provided the timings for the Law Course of this University do not clash with such course.
For more details about admission please contact :-
Phone: +91-22-2649 7484
Tele Fax : +91-22-2648 8690
E-mail : [email protected]
About GJALC, Mumbai
Hostel and Facilities
|Total Number of Boys Hostels||0|
|Hostel Accomodation (Boys)(Number of rooms)|
|Boys Hostel(Number of beds)|
|Boys Hostel(Average Area per Bed)|
|Total Number of Girls Hostels||0|
|Hostel Accomodation (Girls)(Number of rooms)|
|Girls Hostel(Number of beds)|
|Girls Hostel(Average Area per Bed)|
Contact Number and Address
|Address||Gopaldas Jhamatmal Advani Law College, Linking Road, 32 Nd Road, Bandra, Mumbai, Maharastra – 400 050|
Fee Structure and Scholarships
|Stream||Fees Structure for one year|
3 YEAR COURSE Course
|Course Name||3 Year Course|
|Course Level||Under Graduate|
|Mode||Regular, Full Time,|
|Accreditation||- No Accreditation|
To pursue 3 year course at GJALC students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
1) 3 year Law Degree Course - A candidate who has graduated in any discipline from a recognized University can appear for L.L.B. course
2) Integrated Degree Program - Candidate must have passed 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam or an exam cosidered to be equivalnt to 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam can enrol for integrated degree program (LLB and a first degree in any other subject).
Candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree after taking up other courses through distance mode are also considered eligible for integrated degree course. But those candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree through distance mode or from open universities without any basic qualification are not eligible for admission into law courses.
Minimum marks for admission into law courses -
1) 40% for SC/ST candidates
2) 45% for other candidates