Lyallpur Khalsa College of Engineering is situated in Jalandhar. The college is established in 2013 by the Khalsa College Educational trust. The college is affiliated to Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar and approved by All India Council of Technical Education.
The college provides 5 departments such as-
- Department of Applied Sciences
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
Admissions in all departments are based on merit scores. For admission in engineering courses, the college accepts JEE score card.
Some facilities that are provided by the college for students are hostel residence, Communication Skills Lab, Computer Labs, Basic Electrical & Electronics Engineering Lab, Software Engineering lab, cafeteria, medical facility, sports and more.
The college also provides placement, some of the companies that frequently visit the college include Hyundai Motors, Samsung, Axis Bank, CORREL, Birla Sun Life Insurance, ICICI Bank, ACME Technologies Private Limited etc.
Link to the official website of the college: http://www.lkcengg.edu.in/about.html
Cutoff and Placements
Iyallpur Khalsa College of Engineering has a dedicated Placement and Training Cell. This cell is well equipped with Testing hall and Consultancy hall. It also offers various training to its students.
Top recruiters are as followings-
- CMC Academy
- Birla Sunlife Insurance
- Beta soft
- Axis Bank
- Avis Technologies and more.
This college provides mandatory internship programme to all its pre-final year students. The minimum duration of this program is 16 weeks and maximum duration of this programme is 24 weeks.
The students get stipend during this internship programmes.
Some companies who provide this internship opportunity are as below-
- Mahindra & Mahindra
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
- Reliance Group
- Maruti Udyog Ltd.
- L&T etc.
Apart from the above mentioned private companies DRDO also provides internship opportunity to this college’s students.
Application and Admission Procedure
How to apply:
Lyallpur Khalsa College of Engineering offers undergraduate courses in engineering. To apply to these courses an online method can be used for now.
Online method: An online application form is available on the college’s website, wherein students need to fill their basic details, academic details, entrance examination details, and submit it.
Documents to be attached and the admission fee which is Rs 3000 must be submitted later during the time of admission. A prospectus can be purchased for Rs 500 from the college.
Documents which need to be attached are as follows:
- Passport sized photographs
- Copy of matriculation marksheet
- Copy of intermediate marksheet
- Copies of rank/score cards of entrance exams
The eligibility criteria for the B.E. and B.Tech courses are based on the qualification of matriculation and intermediate levels with Physics, Chemistry and Math as mandatory subjects and any of Chemistry/Computer Science/Biotechnology/Biology as optional subject.
Apart from this, Joint Entrance Exam (JEE MAIN) and Punjab University Common Entrance Test (PUCET) scores are also accepted.
Hostel and Facilities
Lyallpur Khalsa College of Engineering has 11 hostels in total-
- 7 Boys’ Hostel that can accommodate over 2500 students
- 4 Girls’ Hostels with a capacity of over 1400 students
Following are the facilities provided to the hostellers-
- Medical Facility
- Wifi Connectivity
- Large Dining Halls in each hostel (Mess)
- Well-furnished rooms
- Aqua Guard purified water
The campus has well-equipped Laboratories, Library, Placement and Training Cell, Research Centre and Conference Halls.
Other facilities include-
- Transportation with a fleet of 11 plus busses.
- Yoga and Meditation Centre
- Anti-Raging Cell
- Anti-Harassment Cell for Women
- Computer and Internet Centre
Apart from these the Personality Development and Communication Skills lab is dedicated to the all-round development of the personality of budding engineers.
- Cultural Committee- Responsible for conducting annual fests and regular competitions like Poetry and Debate Competition, etc.
- Code Club- Dealing with all Computer Science Engineering events
- AICTE- Youth4Work Club