Maharana Pratap Engineering College, a private engineering college in Kanpur, was established in 1999 by the Maharana Pratap Group of Institutions. The College campus is spread over 50 acres of land located near Mandhana on G.T. Road, 3 km from IIT, Kanpur. It aims to prepare the students to walk on the untrodden pathway with devoted discipline and internal enthusiasm to take victory in their stride. It offers under graduate and post graduate courses in various disciplines.
- It is approved by AICTE, New Delhi
- It is affiliated by Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science Engineering
- Department of Computer Application
- Department of Management Studies
Courses Offered :-
- Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Computer Science and Engineering)
- Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Electrical Engineering)
- Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Electronics & Communication Engineering)
- Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering)
- Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Mechanical Engineering)
- Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Information Technology)
- Bachelor of Technology [B.Tech] (Civil Engineering)
- Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Electronics and Communication Engineering)
- Master of Business Administration [MBA]
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at MPGI students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.