Osmania University is a public university established in the year 1918. Located in Hyderabad, it is named after the last Nizam of Hyderabad, Nawab Mir Osman Ali Khan. The university offers courses in various disciplines including Engineering, Law, Science, Arts, Commerce, and Management.
The University is spread across 1300 acres of land with 8 campus colleges, 5 constituent colleges, 5 district PG colleges, 16 research centers, 9 academic centers. It has a student enrollment of over 3,00,000 students across all campuses and study centers.
Below is a list of colleges under the University’s main campus-
- University colleges of Arts and Social Science
- University colleges of Commerce and Business Management
- University colleges of Technology
- University colleges of Engineering
- University colleges of Law
- University colleges of Science
- Institute of Advanced Study in Education
- PG College of Physical Education
It is one of the most prominent public universities in India. Following are a few distinguishing features of the university which makes it stand out among other educational institutions-
Application and Admission Procedure
HOW TO APPLY
The admission process for Osmania University begins in the month of April. The admissions are mainly based on the results of the entrance test conducted by the University.
STEP-1: The candidates need to register themselves on the official website of Osmania University, for which they need to fill in their personal information.
STEP-2: The applicant needs to select the number of entrance tests he/she wants to take.
STEP-3: The applicant needs to upload the scanned copies of- latest passport size colour photograph, signature, certificate of caste (for reserved candidates) and PH certificate (if required).
STEP-4: After that the candidate needs to pay the registration fee. The registration fee can be paid by using Credit Card Debit Card or by Net Banking or at any T.S. / A.P. online centres.
STEP-5: The candidate will get a unique Registration ID which needs to be preserved for future uses.
- The procedure begins with the registration process where in the candidate needs to provide his/her personal details, upload the necessary documents and submit the registration fees.
- One week before the commencement of the entrance exams the hall tickets are made available on the website which needs to be carried during the exam.
- After the entrance exam the eligible candidates go through a web based counselling.
Hostel and Facilities
The Osmania University gives accommodation to the students who are enrolled into science programmes only. There are total 4 (four) hostels in the campus of Osmania University.
Maneru Hostel- the hostel is for the students of 1st (first) year students only.
Krishnaveni Hostel– this hostel is allotted to the students of 2nd (second) year students. It is also known as B-Hostel.
Yamuna Hostel – this hostel is for the research scholars only. It is a male hostel.
CHW I and CHW II – this is popularly known as Ladies Hostel, and is for the students who are girls and research scholars.
The hostels are given on the basis of availability of beds. The university doesn’t guarantee to give rooms to every student enrolled. The students who are interested to stay in the hostels, should fill the hostel form at the earliest to avoid any further delay.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
1) 3 year Law Degree Course - A candidate who has graduated in any discipline from a recognized University can appear for L.L.B. course
2) Integrated Degree Program - Candidate must have passed 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam or an exam cosidered to be equivalnt to 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam can enrol for integrated degree program (LLB and a first degree in any other subject).
Candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree after taking up other courses through distance mode are also considered eligible for integrated degree course. But those candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree through distance mode or from open universities without any basic qualification are not eligible for admission into law courses.
Minimum marks for admission into law courses -
1) 40% for SC/ST candidates
2) 45% for other candidates