Guwahati Medical College & Hospital (GMC) is located at Narakachal Hill with the beautiful surroundings. It was established in 1960 with the sole aim of creating highly qualified medical professionals. It has enjoyed the prominent status for academic pursuits & health care facilities in the country.
Quick Facts :-
- College is affiliated to Gauhati University
- College Degree is recognized by Medical Council of India
- It is a Centre of excellence for medical education and research & well known for providing best patients' health care facilities in North East region of India.
- It offers courses in MBBS & Post graduate (degree & Diploma).
- Admission to the college is through Entrance tests conducted by All India and state level selection bodies.
- It admits around 160 students for MBBS course every year.
- The hospital attached to the college has numerous specialists for the departments of Neurology, Nephrology & Cardiology.
- All modern facilities like Wi-fi, air conditioned rooms & equipment’s are available in the campus.
- State of art library is there along with big auditorium for organizing various events.
- The college has facility for Telemedicine Centre &State Eye Bank.
- Department of Anesthesiology
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Cardiology
- Department of Dermatology
- Department of Endocrinology
- Department of Forensic Medicine
- Department of Gastroenterology
- Department of Hematology
- Department of Microbiology
For more details about admission please contact :-
Tel: 0361-2134538 / 2132751 (O)
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
|M.B.B.S.||NEET||Other Backward Class||2218 Rank||2015|
|M.B.B.S.||NEET||Schedule Caste||21878 Rank||2015|
|M.B.B.S.||NEET||Schedule Tribe||24909 Rank||2015|
|M.B.B.S.||NEET||Other Backward Class||3375 Rank||2015|
|M.B.B.S.||NEET||Schedule Caste||26633 Rank||2015|
|M.B.B.S.||NEET||Schedule Tribe||37857 Rank||2015|
|M.B.B.S.||NEET||Schedule Caste||21787 Rank||2016|
|M.B.B.S.||NEET||Schedule Tribe||24309 Rank||2016|
|M.B.B.S.||NEET||Schedule Caste||27247 Rank||2016|
|M.B.B.S.||NEET||Schedule Caste||25049 Rank||2017|
|M.B.B.S.||NEET||Schedule Tribe||47524 Rank||2017|
|M.B.B.S.||NEET||Schedule Caste||39341 Rank||2017|
|M.B.B.S.||NEET||Schedule Tribe||56868 Rank||2017|
|MS Ophthalmology||NEET-PG||General||4000 Rank||2017|
|MS E.N.T.||NEET-PG||General||5573 Rank||2017|
|Diploma in Ophthalmology||NEET-PG||General||7030 Rank||2017|
|Diploma in Anaesthesiology||NEET-PG||General||7267 Rank||2017|
|Diploma in Forensic Medicine||NEET-PG||General||17011 Rank||2017|
|MS Anatomy||NEET-PG||General||20763 Rank||2017|
|MS Orthopaedics||NEET-PG||General||1625 Rank||2017|
|MS General Surgery||NEET-PG||General||2199 Rank||2017|
|MS Ophthalmology||NEET-PG||Schedule Caste||13449 Rank||2017|
|MS General Surgery||NEET-PG||Schedule Caste||15711 Rank||2017|
|MS E.N.T.||NEET-PG||Schedule Caste||19209 Rank||2017|
|DCH Paediatrics||NEET-PG||Schedule Caste||21592 Rank||2017|
|MS Anatomy||NEET-PG||Schedule Caste||33857 Rank||2017|
|DCH Paediatrics||NEET-PG||Schedule Tribe||33669 Rank||2017|
|MS E.N.T.||NEET-PG||Schedule Tribe||34784 Rank||2017|
|MS Anatomy||NEET-PG||Schedule Tribe||55417 Rank||2017|
|MS Ophthalmology||NEET-PG||General||4453 Rank||2017|
|MS E.N.T.||NEET-PG||General||6079 Rank||2017|
|Diploma in Anaesthesiology||NEET-PG||General||8549 Rank||2017|
|MS Anatomy||NEET-PG||General||23375 Rank||2017|
|MD Dermatology||NEET-PG||General||1729 Rank||2017|
|MS General Surgery||NEET-PG||General||3482 Rank||2017|
|MS General Surgery||NEET-PG||Schedule Caste||17829 Rank||2017|
|MS E.N.T.||NEET-PG||Schedule Caste||23166 Rank||2017|
|MS Anatomy||NEET-PG||Schedule Caste||43558 Rank||2017|
|MS E.N.T.||NEET-PG||Schedule Tribe||36487 Rank||2017|
|MS Anatomy||NEET-PG||Schedule Tribe||59853 Rank||2017|
To pursue MBBS/BDS at Gauhati Medical College students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The candidate should be 17 years old (as on 31st December of the admission year). He/She should have appeared for an exam cosidered to be equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam and studied PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology). The candidate should have studied English at 10+2 level. Candidate satisfying any of the following criteria are also eligible -
1) Candidates who have appeared for Intermediate examination in science with subjects PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and English. Those who have appeared for pre-professional/pre-medical exams with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English and have appeared for 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam or intermediate exam are also eligible.
2) Candidates who have passed the first year of a 3 year degree course with subjects - Physics, Chemistry, Biology are also eligible.
3)Candidates who have passed B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science) exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and who have cleared 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam with PCB are also eligible.
Marks obtained in Maths are not considered for admission into the MBBS course.
Please note that in a non-governmental institutes, 50% of the seats will be filled by management of the institute. Academic merit should be considered while granting admission under management quota. Rest 50% seats will be filled by competent authority based on the academic merit of the candidate.
Academic merit of a candidate will be determined based on the performance in competitive exam conducted by the state governemnt or competent authority or centralized competitive exam conducted at the national level.
Candidate must score at least 50% marks in the competitive exam. For SC/ST/OBC candidates the minimum percentage required is 40%.
For post-graduation courses, performance in first, second and MBBS exam can be considered to determine the academic eligibility of the candidate.