Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Engineering College was established in the year 1993 by the Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Educational Trust formed under the patronage of Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee.
It was done with the approval of the government of Punjab. The institute has been approved by the AICTE, New Delhi and the Ministry of H.R.D and is affiliated to the PTU, Jalandhar. All the courses of the college are approved by the NAAC team.
- Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Department of Management Studies
- Applied Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering & Information Technology
The lush green campus is spread over a huge area. There are various blocks, departments, seminar halls, conference rooms, well-furnished classrooms, hostel facilities, transport facilities and much more for the students in order to help them in various aspects during their education.
Hostel and Facilities
The college provides separate accommodation for boys and girls. There are about 4 boys hostels with a capacity of 900 students in total and 2 girls hostels with a total capacity of 250 students.
The rooms provided are large and furnished. Both single seater and double seater rooms are available at nominal fee. Resident wardens are assigned to the hostels for maintaining the discipline. Several other facilities offered at the hostel are as follows:
- 24 hours running fresh water and electricity supply
- T.V rooms and common halls available
- Large and hygienic mess service
- Medical aid is provided round the clock
- Sports and gaming facilities are provided
The college provides several other facilities such as:
- Scholarships ranging from Rs.5000 to Rs.15000 is provided to the meritorious students
- Seminar and conference halls
- Canteens provided
- Well-equipped labs
- Library with a huge collection of books is provided
- Several events and yearly workshops are organised
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at BBSBEC students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.