THIAGARAJAR SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
The Thiagarajar School of Management was established in the year 1962 to provide a center for enhancing the managerial skills of students who wanted to choose it as their careers. It offer both an MBA and a PGDM program which have course structures relevant to the times and which cover all aspects of a wholesome education that balances experience with knowledge.
How to Apply?
- You will have to download the application form from the website of the institute which is tsm.ac.in.
- You will also have to draw a demand draft in favor of Thiagarajar School of Management worth Rs1050 which will be payable at Madurai as your application fee.
- The application form along with the demand draft has to be couriered to :
The Admissions Office,
Thiagarajar School of Management
Pamban Swamy Nagar,
- Application forms can also be purchased from TSM campus by paying Rs1050 in cash.
- CAT/MAT/CMAT/XAT scores are considered for selection of students. If a student has given more than one of these exams, then the student is expected to send all the scores and then the best score will be considered for evaluation of the application.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for a personal interview and group discussions on the basis of the entrance tests and previous academic records.
- During the personal interview other analytical, verbal and written capabilities of the candidate will also be evaluated.
- The final selection of students will be on the basis of the entrance test scores, personal interviews, academic record, written tests taken and work experience (if any).
- A graduate in any discipline is eligible to apply.
- Candidates in their final year of graduation are also eligible to apply.
- Green campus with effluent treatment plant
- Gymnasium and sports facilities available
- Computer Center functions 24x7 and has more than 300 computers
- A well-stocked library that has around 24000 books that functions till midnight
- Classrooms are provided with LCD projectors and audio along with comfortable seating
- Five fully air conditioned conference and discussion halls are present which can be used for meetings or mock interviews or group discussions.
- Wi-fi available
- 24x7 Wi-Fi available
- Computers are also available in hostels
- Male hostel has solar panels for heating water while the female hostel has electric heaters
- TVs are provided in the common halls
- 24x7 electricity available
- The Food court has pure vegetarian food prepared with good quality groceries.
- The placements of 2014 had an average salary of 5.03 lacs
- The placements of 2014 had the maximum salary of 6.78 lacs in domestic recruitments and 14.5lacs in international recruitments.
- The major companies that recruit from TSM are:
- HDFC Bank
- ICICI Bank
- City Union Bank
- ING VYSYA Bank
- CITI Bank
- Asian Paints
- Blue Star
- Khazana Jewelry
- Mahindra Finance
- Acurus Solutions
- Café Coffee Day
- Kotak Life Insurance
- GRE Edge.com
- HDB Financial Services
- ICICI Prudentials
Rated A+ by Business India Best B-School Survey
Offers a limited number of scholarships to students who show excellent performance in the admission procedure.
- Yoga/Gymnasium available for all staff and students. The timings of the same are different for males and females.
- Facilities for playing many sports are available
- A number of clubs are run by students that vary from an HR club to a ‘We Care’ social work club
- Last date for submission of application form is 13th April 2015
- GD/PI at Madurai will be held on 17th-18th April at TSM Campus
- Orientation and Foundation classes will be held in June/July 2015
|Maximum salary offered||1370000|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
|MBA Finance||CAT||General||50 Percentile||2015|
|MBA Human Resource Management||CAT||General||50 Percentile||2015|
|MBA Marketing||CAT||General||50 Percentile||2015|
|MBA Operations Management||CAT||General||50 Percentile||2015|
|MBA Systems Management||CAT||General||50 Percentile||2015|
|MBA Finance||CAT||General||50 Percentile||2016|
|MBA Human Resource Management||CAT||General||50 Percentile||2016|
|MBA Marketing||CAT||General||50 Percentile||2016|
|MBA Operations Management||CAT||General||50 Percentile||2016|
|MBA Systems Management||CAT||General||50 Percentile||2016|
|MBA Marketing||TANCET||SCA||27 Marks||2015|
|MBA Marketing||TANCET||Other Backward Class||57 Marks||2016|
To pursue MBA at TSM students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.