Raj Kumar Goel Institute of Technology is a private college established in the year 2002 by Raj Kumar goel educational foundation. The college is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and is affiliated to Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Institute of Technology, Lucknow.
The college offers many undergraduate and post graduate courses dividing the college into 8 departments-
- Department of Applied science and Humanity
- Department of Computer science and Engineering
- Department of Information technology
- Department of electrical and electronic Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of applied Electronics and Instrumental Engineering
Admission to various courses is made as per the guidelines of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University and state government.
College campus has facilities of library, Auditorium and conference hall, well equipped computer center, canteen, ATM facility and various Indoor and Outdoor games. The college also has 7 hostels, 2 for girls and 5 for boys.
College has a decent placement records, companies like TCS, Infogain, QAInfotech, BYJU’s, Amazon India, and TaskStream have visited the college in the year 2018 for placement.
The official website of the college is www.rkgit.edu.in
Hostel and Facilities
The institute has very good separate hostel facilities for both boys and girls. There are 5 hostels for boys and 2 hostels for girls. The hostel rooms are well furnished and have amenities such as-
- 24*7 generator for uninterrupted power supply
- Hot and cold water depending on seasonal requirements
- Mess providing only strictly vegetarian food
- Hostel security guard
- Common room with television and indoor games facilities.
The hostels rooms are available on single occupancy basis (fee- INR 72000 per year), air conditioned double occupancy basis (fee- INR 82000 per year), non air conditioned double occupancy basis (fee- INR 65000 per year) and on triple occupancy basis (fee- INR 62000 per year).
A one-time refundable hostel security deposit of INR 10000 is to be paid and the annual laundry fees are INR 2000.
The institute has the following facilities-
- Spacious classrooms with projectors.
- Centrally air conditioned computer center and campus wide internet connection& LAN.
- Fully automated air conditioned library with a vast collection of books, journals and NPTEL videos.
- Air conditioned auditorium, buses, 24*7 medical van for emergencies and canteen.
- ATM, language laboratory, anti ragging committee, personality development program and outdoor sports grounds.
|Maximum salary offered||500000|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered||390000|
To pursue MBA at RKGIT students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.