Institute of Business Management is a premier institution which is affiliated to Jadavpur University under the aegis of National Council of Education, Bengal. It was established in 1984 to offer Master of Business Administration (MBA) affiliated to Jadavpur University. The course structure offered by IBM – NCE, Bengal makes it unique for students as it is a 3 – year post graduation course in order to specialize skills in various fields involved in Business Administration and Management. The 3 – year MBA course is as approved by the All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi (AICTE). IBM – NCE also offers a 2 – year Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) by All India Management Association (AIMA) on basis of MAT scores.How To Apply
- Candidates seeking admission to 3 – year, full – time MBA course from IBM – NCE may collect the admission form from the IBM – NCE admissions’ office at Institute of Business Management, (Affiliated to Jadavpur University & approved by AICTE), NATIONAL COUNCIL OF EDUCATION, BENGAL. Jadavpur University Campus, 188, Raja S.C. Mullick Road, Jadavpur. P.O. - Jadavpur University. Kolkata-700 032, Phone no: (033) 65221556 by paying in cash or Demand Draft for INR 500 in the favour of “NCE, BENGAL A/C IBM”. The amount includes an application form for registration and an information brochure.
Student(s) may download the application form via the link to the pdf - http://www.ibmnce.in/uploaded/545de13c1b80c_Application_Form_2015.pdf and duly fill - in the details and submit it to the admissions’ office at IBM – NCE along with application fee in form of cash or a Demand Draft for INR 500. (Payable as stated above)
- For submission of relevant/supporting documents refer to the application form or enquire at the admissions office or contact via email - [email protected]
- Admission to 3 – year, full – time MBA course at IBM – NCE is based on Entrance exam scores and further selection process requires qualification of aptitude tests conducted by IBM – NCE.
- The course accepts qualification scores in any one of the following entrance exams/tests – CAT/MAT/XAT/ATMA/JEMAT
- The candidates will be shortlisted according to cut – off scores and will have to appear for Group Discussion & Personal Interview rounds, along with Aptitude Tests in English and Basic Mathematics. The list of successful candidates will be displayed/announced for Admission.
- For more information regarding admission procedure, please visit the link - http://www.ibmnce.in/onlineapplication.php#
- Students seeking admission to 3 – year, full – time MBA course at IBM – NCE must have a graduation from at least 3 years’ of bachelors’ degree irrespective of any field/stream/discipline from a recognized university in India or from Abroad.
- Further, candidates must pass the qualifying scores of Entrance exams/tests - CAT/MAT/XAT/ATMA/JEMAT
- The campus of IBM – NCE provides ample facilities for students to use and enjoy while pursuing their course/programme. The campus includes a well – stacked library with a photocopying facility, a state – of – the – art computer centre with high – speed internet facility, cafeteria and a large capacity auditorium.
- In the previous year, out of 44 students of the batch – 23 students were placed by campus recruitments with healthy pay package.
- Soft skills and Grooming sessions are instrumental in placement procedures which are included in the curriculum itself.
- For more information regarding placements, please visit the link - http://www.ibmnce.in/consultancy&others.php
Please consider the following dates which are important for IBM – NCE admissions:
- Application Process begins: 1st Week of June
- Application procedure ends/Commencement of classes: July
- The 3 – year, full – time MBA course fees are INR 275,000
- The fees include admission fees – INR 10000
- Library Deposit/Caution fees are – INR 5500
- Subscription of Students’ Forum is INR 5500
- Development Fees are INR 14000
- For more information regarding fee structure please visit the Fee Structure page on institute’s website or via the link - http://www.ibmnce.in/feesstructure.php
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at IBMNCE students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.