A.V.S. College of Arts & Science is a trustee college affiliated to Periyar University. The college offers various courses in the field of Art, Science, Commerce, Business Administration and Computer Application. It is a self-financing co-educational arts and science college.
- The college is ISO 9001:2008 Certified Institution.The college is also approved by AICTE.
- The college provides a unique learning environment with all basic amenities through mutual love and respect, and the efficiency to cater the needs of the student community.
- The prime aim is to produce graduates through enriched learning, academic brilliance, professional training and enabling corporate exposure.
- Placement cell is available to help the students in matters regarding placement.
- The college is situated at Ramalingapuram 12 km away from Salem on the Salem – Attur district road.
The College aspires to become a World Class centre of Excellence for empowering women by making them understand, actualize and energize their inner potential for positive changes and growth through Modern, Scientific and Value based Education.
The College is provide a complete, meaningful and relevant education to women in all disciplines to turn out them into Highly Competent, Intellectually Enlightened, Morally Upright, Spiritually Oriented, Socially Committed and Emotionally Balanced persons.
The Aim of the College
- To offer quality education combined with traditional and cultural values.
- To inspire and motivate students from different strata of society.
- To provide the best opportunities to build the young girls into the responsible good citizens.
- With the aspiring motto 'Anaithum Velvom' - the college is envisioned to promote young women to knockdown the barriers placed before them by educational excellence and to be participative for home as well as society by making use of the opportunities.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at AVS students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.