Founded by the visionary Late Padmashri Dadasaheb Gaikwad in 1964, Dr. Ambedkar College, Nagpur(DACN), affiliated to RTM Nagpur University is indeed a time tested Centre for higher learning.
DACN is located in the centre of the Orange City at the Holy Deeksha Bhoomi, where Bharat Ratna Dr. B. R. Ambedkar, the architect of the Indian Consitution, embraced Buddhism. DACN functions under the aegis of Param Poojya Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Smarak Samiti. H.E. Hon'ble Shri R.S. Gavai, Governor of Kerala and the President of the college management and the Secretary Shri. S. J. Fulzele are the pillars of our institution. Under the direction of Dr. R. Krishnakumar, Vice Chancellor, Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University, Nashik, we are a dedicated group of individuals always working hard to impart Quality Education to one and all.
DACN originally began with a vision of becoming a seat of excellence in education and took the first modest step in this direction in 1964 with the introduction of Arts and Commerce faculties. Change of time, increasing inquisitive minds around the vicinity and explosion in scientific awareness encouraged us to introduce Sciencefaculty 1969. Those aspiring to were the fabled Black coat to fight for justice, were provided the right opportunity when DACN started the Law faculty in 1982.
To keep pace with time DACN also provided Management Education from 1984 till 1996 when a separate Management Institute was establised.
Why Join Dr Ambedkar College?
- Library-The Main Library, Core Library & Reading room are the library facilities available. The softwareINFLIBNETallows you to search the book you want to get issued.
- Campus-The only campus with Wi-Fi connection in the entire campus.
- Laboratories-There are various laboratories for the following disciplines- advanced computer, biochemistry, physics, electronics, botany, zoology, chemistry, statistics, IT, BCA & language laboratory. The new Biotechnology & Biochemistry research laboratories have also been added. All these labs are inter-connected by intercom.
- Sports-DACN has won various individual & team sports prizes. The playground is spread on 8 acres of land. There is a provision for gymnasium, aerobics & various sports camps.
- Auditorium-It has LCD, overhead & slide projections, a big permanent stage with a sensitive public address system, well-ventilated & airy spaces. A mini –auditorium is also available for smaller programs.
- Miscellaneous facilities-Seminar halls & classrooms with overhead projector & LCD projector whenever needed are the remarkable features.
Facts & Figures :-
|Founder||Late Padmashree Dadasaheb Gaikwad|
|Affiliated to||RTM Nagpur university|
|Institution running the college||Param Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Smarak Samiti|
|Re-accredited by||NAAC with A Grade|
|How to reach||4 km. from Nagpur railway station|
For more details about admission please contact :-
Ph. : 0712-3298042, 2022457
Fax : 0712-2238554
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
1) 3 year Law Degree Course - A candidate who has graduated in any discipline from a recognized University can appear for L.L.B. course
2) Integrated Degree Program - Candidate must have passed 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam or an exam cosidered to be equivalnt to 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam can enrol for integrated degree program (LLB and a first degree in any other subject).
Candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree after taking up other courses through distance mode are also considered eligible for integrated degree course. But those candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree through distance mode or from open universities without any basic qualification are not eligible for admission into law courses.
Minimum marks for admission into law courses -
1) 40% for SC/ST candidates
2) 45% for other candidates