ETHIRAJ COLLEGE FOR WOMEN
About The Institute
Ethiraj College for Women is an autonomous institute which was founded way back in 1948, post – Independence. This historic institution has been empowering women in various fields such as Engineering, Commerce, Management, Entrepreneurship, Applied Sciences, Bio Technology, etc. It offers to aspiring candidates with many courses in disciplines and streams stated aforementioned. By the end of 20th century, Ethiraj College for Women added another feather to its distinguished cap by introducing under graduate and post graduate degree courses in Business Administration (BBA and MBA) approved by the All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi (AICTE).
How To Apply
- Aspiring candidates seeking admissions to 2 – year, full – time MBA programme are required to download the admission form from the college website - http://www.ethirajcollege.in/ which is to be filled - in and sent to the college office with a Demand Draft of INR 100 in favour of The Principal, Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai.
orVisit the campus at Ethiraj College for Women, 70, Ethiraj Salai, Egmore, Thousand Lights, Chennai, Tamil Nadu for the admission form and submit it duly filled at the office.
- Candidates selected for counseling are requested to be present at the MBA department on 29th August with the following original documents:
- Mark Sheet (10th /SSC, +2/HSC, Under Graduate Mark Sheet)
- Transfer Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Community certificate
- Eligibility/Migration Certificate for Candidates belonging to Other than University of Madras
- Two Passport Size Photographs
- Medical/Fitness Certificate
- Blood group Certificates
- TANCET Score card
50% of Admissions are based on counseling process while the remaining are based on an aggregate of Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) score and the performance in interview and group discussion.
Cut – Off
Cut – off is evolved every year according to the applications received with a 5% relaxation for reserved category candidates.
- Only women candidates are enrolled in Ethiraj College for Women.
- Students seeking admissions to MBA programme must have completed a bachelor’s degree irrespective of discipline or stream which must be recognized by the Madras University or outstation/foreign students must acquire recognition of the degree by Madras University.
- A fair amount of percentage of reservation of seats is made for SC, ST, OBC, BC and Muslim students.
- The Ethiraj College for Women is based in the city spreading over an area of 9 acres with world class facilities like auditorium, fully equipped computer centre, modern seminar halls, multipurpose and dedicated sports’ grounds, hostels, gym, cafeterias, etc.
- In addition to the facilities mentioned above, the college campus has an ATM, hostel, in – house doctor and transportation facilities.
- The fully equipped Girls’ hostel of Ethiraj College for Women can house upto 500 students from all over India and abroad pursuing UG and PG courses.
- The hostel has a full – equipped gym, reading and recreation rooms, dining hall and telecommunication facilities.
- The placement cell of Ethiraj College for Women organizes a 2 – day career fair known as “BHAVISHYA” every year for on – campus placement opportunities for the students.
- TCS, Google, Wipro, Goldman Sachs, CTS are few of the companies that visit the college for recruitment.
This historic institute is generous in offering a numerous scholarships as described below:
- Government Scholarships for SC/ST students and MBC category students for post graduate studies.
- The students can avail their scholarship defined by the norms of the government by providing income certificate for MBC students while there is no requirement for certificate for SC/ST students.
- Thiru V.L Ethiraj Scholarships are awarded to students on merit cum discipline basis.
Students are exposed to modern challenges with the best of facilities and are offered various activities by the many clubs, sports, games, technical festivals, monitorial duties, NCC, etc.
The following are the dates which must be marked on the calendar for admission process
- Counseling round at college with original documents – 28th August
- Orientation program and start of first semester – 2nd September
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
|M.C.A (Lateral)||TANCET||Other Backward Class||38 Marks||2015|
|M.C.A (Lateral)||TANCET||General||41 Marks||2016|
|M.C.A (Lateral)||TANCET||MBC||39 Marks||2016|
To pursue MBA at ETHIRAJ students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.