Narula Institute of Technology is located in the Agarpara district of West Bengal. The college approved by AICTE and affiliated to West Bengal University provides some undergraduates as well as post-graduate The institute over the years has transformed into an institute of professional education and has further been sanctioned for some diploma courses by West Bengal State Council of Technical Education. The institute as per its mission of imparting high-quality management, as well as technical education, has produced some world leaders and technocrats. Apart from this the college further has a vision to responsible citizens who will help change the society.How to Apply
- Candidates who wish to apply for this program offered by NIT can do so by two methods. First, is to appear for JEMAT conducted by West Bengal University. Based on the score and counselling of which admission would be made.
- The second selection procedure is exclusive for candidates who have a valid CMAT/MAT score. In case of this process, the candidates will be required to fill in the college admission form. The same would be required to be submitted to Institute.
- The Candidates are first required to appear for JEMAT conducted by WBTU. Based on the score of which and counselling final admissions are made.
- The second selection procedure is exclusive for candidates who have a valid CMAT/MAT score. In case of this process, the candidates will be required to go through GD and Personal Interview round based on which merit list is prepared.
NIT provides two-year full-time M.B.A program. The Institute takes 120 students annually, selection of whom is done based on their JEMAT/CMAT/MAT scores followed by a screening process.Cut off
The criteria for cut – off is as generalized by government norms.Eligibility Criteria
A candidate who wants to pursue an MBA course from NIT must have a graduate degree from a recognised university. Also, he should have secured more than 50% in his graduation accompanied by a valid score of GMAT/MAT/or JEMAT.Campus Facilities
- NIT has been equipped with top notch infrastructural facilities. One of it is its library. The library being the house of various books on Management provides students a great learning experience.
- The college takes good care of health and nutrition of its students. It has a well-developed canteen that provides nutritious food. Apart from this it all has a gymnasium to take care of the physical fitness of its students.
- Some of the other facilities include seminar hall as well as conference hall in which some activities, as well as events, are organised. It also has a video conferencing room for video sessions from eminent people of industries.
The campus provides a separate hostel for boys and girls. The rooms are spacious as well equipped with all basic amenities. Also, it has a fully equipped gym that is open 24 hours a day.Placements
- The list of companies that recruited students from the 2013-15 batch were XL Dynamics, Zensar, Wipro, Thyrocare, Tech Mahindra,
- The campus had a placement rate of 95%.
- To know more about the placement of NIT M.B.A course you can visit this link http://www.nit.ac.in/placement.php
- There is numerous scholarship provided by the Institute. Some of them include.
- Indian Oil Sports Scholarship
- Educational Crisis Scholarship by HDFC
- Moma Scholarship
The fee structure for the Post Graduate Diploma in Management(PGDM)are mentioned as under:
- Total Fees:- Rs. 4,26,100/- for entire course
- First Installment of Rs. 1,26,00/- is to be paid at the time of admission.
- The second instalment is to be paid six months after of Rs. 1,000,00/-
- The third instalment of Rs. 1,00,000/- is to be paid in the month of June of the following year.
- The last instalment of Rs. 1,000,00/-is to be paid six months
- Hostel fee for three months is Rs. 15000/- plus an additional of Rs. 5000/- is to be deposited as hostel admission fees.
There is some students club formed in. Some of them are:
- Sports Club: To increase the involvement of students in physical activities and games.
- Science Club
- Cultural Club
- Environmental Club
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at NIT students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.