Fortune Institute of International Business (FIIB) is a premier B- School in Delhi, which was established in 1995. Being an institute that offers higher education, PGDM is the main course that is conducted there. It is a two year (six terms) course.How to apply?
- Student can apply online, offline or through post. To apply offline, the admission form is to be procured from the FIIB Campus by paying Rs. 1000 and the duly filled form is to be submitted to the admission office.
- The application form can also be downloaded from the FIIB website (Available at http://fiib.edu.in/pdf/FIIB-Admissions-Form.pdf) . This form is to be posted along with a Demand Draft of Rs. 1000 in favor of ‘Fortune Institute of International Business’ payable at New Delhi to the address : Plot 5, Rao Tula Ram Marg, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi, Delhi 110057
- To fill an online application form and pay online the URL to be accessed is : http://fiib.edu.in/mba-pgdm-programs/admission/instruction.php
- The documents to be submitted along with the application form are:
- Date of Birth Certificate (Class X Mark Sheet)
- Class XII Mark Sheet
- Graduation Mark Sheet (latest year if final year is not available)
- MAT/CAT/XAT/GMAT/ATMA/CMAT Score Card
- One Recent Passport Size Photograph
- Updated Resume
- After the application form is duly filled and submitted along with all the other relevant documents, the candidate has to schedule a date for the personal interview and aptitude test
The Candidates who are selected are given an offer letter of admission by post and email. The candidates will have to confirm their admission by paying the stipulated commitment fee.Eligibility Criteria
- A Bachelor’s degree from any University that is recognized by the UGC, AIU or AICTE. The candidate must hold a minimum of 50% aggregate marks of all the subjects. Any other equivalent qualification that is recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India is also acceptable.
- The Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification must be a minimum 3 year course after completing Class 12 or a (10+2) equivalent. College/University rank holders get a clear preference in selection.
- If the Candidate is appearing for the final year examination of thee Bachelor’s degree in that current year (2015), he may also apply but will have to submit proof of passing the examination by 1st of October, 2015. If the minimum 50% is not obtained, the provisional admission will be canceled and no fee will be refunded.
- All the candidates are also expected to take at least one of the following exams : CAT/ MAT/ ATMA/ XAT/ CMAT and they are selected based on these scores.
- It is an aesthetically designed campus and is WiFi enabled.
- The campus also includes air conditioned classrooms and syndicate rooms, computer lab, auditorium, well stocked knowledge resource center, world class amphitheatre and a recreational center with a TV and all indoor games.
The girls are provided with a hostel facility and the boys are provided with a PG facility at an extra cost that is at close proximity from the campus. However, this is facility that has limited availability.Placements
- The highest package that was received by a student last year was for 10 lakhs. The student was placed with the Buoy group as a Marketing Executive. Average salary package was 4.5 lakhs.
- A number of companies recruited from the Institute including big names like D&B, Crisil, Vodafone, TCS, Oracle, RBS, Deloitte, Colgate, HCL, Capgemini, HUL, etc.
- Ranked as an A+ Institute by Business India
- Ranked 5th in the CSR GHRDC 2013 ranking of B-schools in Delhi and 34th in the GHRDC ranking of private B-schools in India.
- Included in the top B-Schools list in India by CSR 2014
- Scholarships are available up to Rs. 1, 50, 000 per student for students based on their academic performance in school and graduation and in the CAT/ MAT/ ATMA/ XAT/ CMAT exams.
- Scholarship is also given to students who have a work experience of more than 12 months.
- At the end of the 1st year, the top 10% of the students receive a scholarship and the top 3 students receive a special merit scholarship.
- To be eligible for the scholarship, the student should comply with the code and conduct of the Institute and maintain a miminum CGPA of 6.0 for the first four semesters.
- The detailed break-up of the scholarships are available at: http://fiib.edu.in/mba-pgdm-programs/admission/schloarship.php
- Many student action committees exist to cover various types of activities in the Institute like personal, academic, etc
- The main students clubs are Finance Club, Dramatic Club, Sports Club, Cultural Club, Marketing Club, Alumni Club, etc
- They organize various events like the annual fest Samavesh, Employability fest Sankalp, sports fest (Ranbhoomi), etc.
- Admissions open – September 2014
- Last date for applications – 31st January, 2015
- Interview to be scheduled by Candidate
- Offer Letter- Given 7 days within the interview.
- Last date to accept offer – Within 10 days from the date of offer for the first two cycles of admission and within 7 days from the date of offer for the last two cycles of admission
- Session begins on – 10th June 2015
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at FIIB students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.