Velammal Institute of Technology (VIT), Thiruvallur was established in 2008. College is approved by All India Council For Technical Education, New Delhi, and Affiliated To Anna University. College intended to provide the world class technical education to conquer tomorrow's technology at global level with human values, so as to make our student community succeed in life. The institution has developed the state of the art infrastructure within the short span of time with dedicated and determined staff members.
College accelerates technology transfer to industry and develops innovations in applications of emerging technologies through high quality technical education and work force training. It offers Bachelor of Engineering courses inand a Post Graduate programme. The vision and mission of the college is to being a leader in innovative work force development and a world class learning venue for the ever changing needs of business and Industry. College within the framework of the quality policy identifies quality objectives and will strive for continual improvement.
Why Join Velammal Institute of Technology (VIT Velammal)
- Provides placements in highly reputed companies
- Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai and approved by AICTE
- Collaboration with Microsoft Security Essentials for MBA department
- MoU’s with leading corporate and government entities
- Promotes entrepreneurship among students
- Organizes regular industrial visits, workshops, seminars and guest lectures
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Departments of Business Administration
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
|B.Tech Information Technology||TNEA||Schedule Caste||141 Marks||2015|
|BE Electronics And Communication Engineering||TNEA||SCA||110 Marks||2015|
|BE Mechanical Engineering||TNEA||Schedule Tribe||99 Marks||2015|
|B.Tech Information Technology||TNEA||Schedule Caste||129 Marks||2016|
|BE Electrical and Electronics Engineering||TNEA||Schedule Caste||131 Marks||2016|
To pursue MBA at Velammal Institute Of Technology students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.