School of Management Sciences, Lucknow is an extension of the reputed School of Management Sciences, Varanasi. SMS – Lucknow established in 2008 offering business education opportunities to future managers and entrepreneurs. Since, the time of its inception it has gained reputation to produce highly qualified and skillful students. It offers courses in Engineering & Technology (Bachelors of Technology), Under Graduation and Post Graduation courses in Commerce and Business Administration as well as UG course in Computer Application.How To Apply
- Candidates seeking admission to 2 – year, full – time Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) course, approved by AICTE, New Delhi can choose from applying either online or offline.
- For offline applications, candidates must collect the admission/registration form by remitting an application fee of INR 1000 at city/campus office at address(s) –
- City Office: Sky Hi Chamber, 2nd Floor, 5 Park Road, Lucknow – 226001(U.P.)
- Campus Office: 19th Kilometer Stone, Sultanpur Road, Kashimpur, Biruha Post – Gosainganj, Lucknow – 226501(U.P)
Procure the registration/admission form by mail (post) by sending a Demand Draft for INR 1050 in favour of School of Management Sciences payable at Lucknow.
Download the application form from the institute’s website – www.smslucknow.com or visit the link to the document - http://www.smslucknow.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/PGDM-application-form-2015.pdf and fill - in the details required and send it to the admissions office at college office along with the Demand Draft for application/registration fee of INR 1000 in favour of School of Management Sciences to be payable at Lucknow.
- For online application please follow the link - http://smsvaranasi.com/smsadmission/pgdm_admission.htm and fill - in the online application form; the management will contact you through email or phone for further application process.
- The offline application forms are to be submitted along with the following supporting documents:
- Photograph affixed with the application form
- Attested Photocopy of Class 10th Mark Sheet
- Attested Photocopy of Class 12th Mark Sheet
- Attested Photocopy of Under Graduation Score Sheet/Memo
- Attested Photocopy of Post Graduate Score Sheet (if any)
- Attested Photocopy of Any Professional Course Certificate or Transcript
- Photocopy of Admit Card issued for Entrance Exam(s) – XAT/CAT/MAT/CMAT
- Demand Draft of INR 1000 – application fee (if not already paid to procure application/registration form)
- The admission process begins with the application of student profiles by the candidates
- The candidates are required to take an entrance exam from any of the leading management entrance exams, viz. CAT/MAT/CAT/CMAT
- The selected candidates will face a group discussion/personal interview round for final evaluation.
- There are also few sponsored seats allocated by the management which need not require a candidate to appear for any of the entrance exams yet the candidate will go through the GD/PI round for selection. The application forms are available under sponsored/management quota by paying a registration fee of INR 1200 by Demand Draft in favour of School of Management Sciences payable at Lucknow.
- For more details regarding admission procedure please follow this link - http://www.smslucknow.com/admission/pgdm/admission-procedure/
- Take a look at the admission brochure for more details - http://www.smslucknow.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/PGDM-MBA-Brochure-2015.pdf
- Candidates seeking admission to 2 – year, full – time PGDM course at SMS – Lucknow must have completed a 3 – year Bachelor’s degree programme or equivalent, irrespective of the disciplines/majors/streams which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- A minimum of 50% marks is required in graduation to be eligible for admission to PGDM course and 45% minimum if a candidate is an SC/ST category student.
- The majestic and modern campus of SMS – Lucknow is situated away from the hustles of a city life yet so near to it and the area of the campus spreads over 200,000 square feet.
- Campus facilities are in plenty with a conference hall, outdoor multi – purpose ground, indoor and outdoor sports facilities, cafeteria, hostels, modern class rooms and seminar halls, comprehensive library and a state – of – the – art Computer centre.
- Exclusive residential facilities are available to both girls and boys of SMS – Lucknow. One feels “Home away from Home” in a well facilitated Hostel facility.
- The facilities such as common rooms, indoor games, transportation and mess are available to all residential students to keep them in good spirits.
- Average salary package offered last year was around INR 310,000 per annum and highest salary package offered was INR 500,000 per annum.
- Placement process is rigorous so as to build the personality of the student and also help in career planning. It involves summer internships, mock interviews, group discussions, etc.
- For more details visit the placement page provided on the website – smslucknow.com
- Post – Graduate Scholarships are awarded to under – graduate students who have passed out of SMS – Varanasi/Lucknow and would like to pursue post graduation at SMS – Lucknow.
- SMS – Lucknow also offer scholarships to meritorious students who consistently fare high in the year’s exams.
- For more details regarding scholarships and their availability please follow the link - http://www.smslucknow.com/test/fckeditor/file/all%20pdf/Scholarships@SMS.pdf
The life of a student is dynamic and vibrant so as to develop an all – round personality and inculcate interpersonal skills to be ready for outside world. Various activities and festivals are celebrated so as to keep the college culture alive. For more information about Student Life, please follow the link -http://www.smslucknow.com/about-us/lifesms/Fee Structure
- Each semester INR 95,000 as tuition fee is to be deposited for 2 – year, full – time PGDM course at SMS – Lucknow. (Source: http://www.smslucknow.com/admission/fee-structure/ )
- Estimated fees for boarding and lodging; i.e.: hostel fee is INR 40000 per annum.
|Maximum salary offered||500000|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered||310000|
To pursue MBA at SMS students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.