||UG & PG Degree
||Graduation with atleast 45-50%
||Rs 80,000- Rs 12,00,000
|Average Starting Salary
||Rs 30,000 P.M
JEE Main/JEE Advanced/APEAMCET/MH-CET/LPUNEST/TNEA/COMEDK UGET/KCET
|Top recruiting companies
||Amazon, IBM, Cisco, Yahoo, Adobe, Apple, Intel, TCS, Wipro
Why COMPUTER ENGINEERING?
Computers are used in every field and it is of utmost importance irrespective of the field of work. Every person has numerous applications on their phones and it is software engineers who build these applications. We see the applications of computers in every walk of our lives and if you are interested in knowing the details of how this is done, then you should choose this specialization. Students pursuing computer engineering will gain knowledge about computation theories and design in both software and hardware segments.
Computer Engineering is offered at both undergraduate and postgraduate courses across various institutions in the country.
This specialization’s applications are numerous with every industry trying out new and innovative ideas to improve their revenue. Usually, they job involves indoor work. Computer engineers spend approximately spend 40 – 45 hours a week working. However, this number depends on the kind of job that you do and the company that you work for.
COMPUTER ENGINEERING: Jobs and Career Opportunities
Web developers create applications for the internet or World Wide Web. These professionals can find a position in large corporations or small startups.
The average annual salary of a web developer is around Rs. 2,50,000. However, the skills that a candidate has have a huge role in determining their pay scale.
Data Science is the art of extracting logical inferences from unstructured or raw data. And people who do this job are referred to as data scientists. This position in recent years has gained a lot of attention and growth. Professionals who are classified as data scientists have to be exceptionally good in mathematics, statistics and computer science.
They usually need to work with large amounts of data and help the firm draw conclusions accordingly. The average salary of data scientists annually amounts to Rs. 6,00,000. Experience in this field has a huge impact on the salary.
As the name suggests, they develop software. The different phases in the development process include research, design, programming and testing. Initially, an idea is generated and design is made of the product. Once the design is ready, they convert it into working code.
The most important step of all is the testing phase where the developed software is tested to remove any mistakes in the software. Their average annual salary is Rs. 3,90,000 and this position is usually filled by recent college graduates.
These professionals take care of the network requirements for the company. A company houses numerous computers and for all the computers to work together, they have to be on the same network and the network should be configured properly.
Their annual salary is around 2 to 3 lakhs and is likely to increase as the candidate gains experience.
Also called as sysadmins, they deal with the physical components like the computers, servers etc. They need to make sure that all the physical components of the network are in good shape and their performance is up to the mark.
A few tasks that fall under their jurisdiction are installation of new software, upgrading the software, monitor for security threats and offer any other technical support needed by the technical team. These professionals are paid anywhere between 3 to 5 lakhs per annum.
COMPUTER ENGINEERING: Salary
Computer engineers are paid handsomely provided the candidate has the required skills. Usually, a fresher starts with a salary that ranges from 3 to 5 lakhs per annum. However, when equipped with the right tools and skills, they get paid in the range of 8 – 10 lakhs per annum. Experience of above 10 years can get you lucrative pay of around 15 – 20 lakhs per annum.
COMPUTER ENGINEERING: Recruiters
Computers are used in every firm irrespective of what they do and hence computer engineers have a plethora of jobs waiting in line for them. A few of the top recruiters are as follows:
- This specialization deals with the art of making machines learn from experience and then replicate their learning’s. Here, students learn the various aspects of artificial intelligence and are taught concepts like machine learning, natural language processing, statistics, to name a few. In simple words, students are taught how to program computers.
- Industry experts believe that artificial intelligence is the future and hence this field is getting a lot of attention. Going for this specialization will definitely improve the candidate’s perspectives as companies are looking for computer engineers who have a good grasp of artificial intelligence.
- In this specialization, students are exposed to the different web development technologies like JaveScript, Angular JS and any more. Initially, they understand how the web works and study the protocols that govern the working of the web.
- Then they move onto the details of developing web applications and learn about the best practices. Nowadays there is a lot of demand for web developers and this specialization aims to teach you the required skills in order for students to become fluent in the field of web development.
- This is a wide field and is one of the most sought after specialization. Students going for this specialization will learn about the different protocols governing the networks that are employed in the real world and are also expected to come up with new ideas for the same.
- They usually interact with the physical components of the network like servers and learn about many such devices too. They get to study the different connections used to transfer messages from one computer to another like wireless media and get into the details of their working.
COMPUTER ENGINEERING: Syllabus
The following is a list of the major topics that will be covered in an under graduate program for computer science.
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Digital Systems
- Mathematics for computer engineers
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Operating Systems
- Theory of Computation
- Programming languages – C, C++, Java
- Artificial Intelligence
- Web designing
- Database Management Systems
- Software engineering practices
- Agile Software development
- Web Mining
- Natural Language Programming
From the above list, we get an idea of all the major topics covered. Additionally, the institution also trains its students in communication and aptitude.
Popular Colleges offering COMPUTER ENGINEERING
Requirements for COMPUTER ENGINEERING
The requirements for pursuing this specialization are pretty simple and straight forward.
- The candidate should have scored 50% or above in their 10th
- The candidate should have scored 50% or above in their 12th
Additionally, many private colleges keep separate exams that one needs to clear if he / she need an admission in that college, so keep yourself updated for such exams. Be well prepared for these exams which will have questions from your 12th grade subjects.
Why should you choose COMPUTER ENGINEERING?
The scope of this computer engineeing is endless. Once you complete this specialization you get a wide range of options – some people will go for a masters’ degree while others might get into some firm as a computer engineer. Additionally, there are a plethora of jobs and positions that a graduate in computer engineering can choose from.
If you are looking for a high paying job, then you should definitely consider working in the IT sector. Computer science graduates have a lot of variety when it comes to the kind of a job they want to do. They can go for a web development position or get into the field of data science.
In fact, many computer science graduates also have the option of setting up their own software firm and start providing software services. There is a lot of demand for talented software engineers and opting for this specialization gives you the opportunity to change the world sitting in front of the computer.