Birla Institute of Technology and Science was established in the year 1964 as a private deemed university under the patronage of G.D. Birla. It is affiliated as a deemed university under UGC Act of 1956. It is spread over a campus of 1320 acres in the Pilani region of state Rajasthan.
It provides state of the art infrastructure with lot many advanced facilities available to its students. It is accredited by NBA and NAAC on regular basis with grade ‘A’ certificate to all its departments.
It provides undergraduate, postgraduate, integrated and doctoral courses in this campus. It has 13 dedicated departments for technological science courses. IT provides admission B.Tech, M.Tech. B.Sc (honours), M.Sc, Ph.D, M.Tech+Phd (Integrated) and many other courses.
Admission to various courses to this institute is done on basis of BITSAT entrance examination conducted by the institute itself the merit list is then formed according to the scores in this examination and seats are allocated.
Application and Admission Procedure
- Madras Institute of Technology MIT Chennai
Students can apply for admissions through both online and offline mode.
Online Mode: Applicants can pay the application fees online through net banking, debit card and credit card.
Offline Mode: Applicants can pay the application fees offline through demand draft along with the print out of application form in favour of the institute.
- 10th Mark sheet and certificate
- 12th Mark sheet and certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Domicile certificate
How to submit the application form?
- For admission to undergraduate courses, applicants are only admitted only through TNEA that is conducted by Anna University.
- For admission to postgraduate courses, applicants get admission through GATE or TANCET for admissions.
- For other courses, applicants have to apply online by visiting on the official website of the college. Applicants can also fill their forms offline by downloading the form from the website and send it to the college along with the photocopies of all the important documents and a copy of the receipt of registration fees.
- Admissions in this college are done through both merit base and entrance exam.
- Admissions in undergraduate courses are done through merit base and TNEA.
- Accepted exams for postgraduate courses are GATE and TANCET.
- For more information, you can visit the official website of the college.
Hostel and Facilities
The institute is fully residential and students are allowed to be day scholars only in exceptional cases. There are fully furnished 11 hostels for boys and one hostel complex for the girls. The boys’ hostels have a mess and common kitchen for every two hostels and the girls’ hostel complex has its own separate mess.
The hostels all have common rooms with cable television and telephone facilities. The hostels have 24*7 internet access and the hostels are provided with solar water heaters.
- The institute has state of the art departmental laboratories such as- non linear optics laboratory, solid state physics laboratory, genetic engineering laboratory, embedded systems laboratory and a scientific computing laboratory.
- The central computing laboratory has 300 Dell and Lenovo computers all connected through LAN and this laboratory also has intranet and internet facilities.
- The institute also has a CISCO telepresence conference room used for guest lectures via video conferencing and is also used for video conferencing between all BITS campuses.
- The fully automated central library has countless books and has reading halls. The digital library has internet access and thousands of online journals.
- The Student Activity Center comprises of indoor games facilities such as badminton, table tennis, billiards, squash, carom and a fully equipped gymnasium. The center has outdoor sports facilities for cricket net practice, football ground, volleyball, basketball and lawn tennis courts.
- The campus has a shopping complex with cafeteria, gents’ saloon, beauty parlour, laundry, bookstore, stationery shop and a fully functional SBI Bank extension counter and ATM.
- The campus also has a guest house for visitors available on payment basis and a 24*7 medical center with tie ups with local hospitals in case of medical emergencies.