JVWU was the first private public women’s university in India established by the state legislature of Rajasthan through the Jayoti Vidyapeeth Women’s University Act 1982 (Act No. 17 of 2008). It was founded on 21 April, 2008.
The university has the tagline “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao” meaning “Save Girls, Educate girls”.
The campus is located at Vedant Gyan Valley, Jharna in Jaipur, Rajasthan. The University campus has its own FM station, over 300 computers in lab, 15000 books in library, the residential campus containing sports complex, gyms, theatres, common rooms and more.
The JVWU provides many distance courses, regular and research courses in Engineering, Management, arts and Medical Science.
Hostel facilities are provided by the university with 24 hours power backup, female guards, water supply etc. Mobile phones are strictly prohibited in the hostel. Parents can connect to their wards through hostel’s landline numbers.
The University also runs its own magazine known as the Jayoti e-Muhim.
Application and Admission Procedure
The university offers three modes for admission to its varied courses. The modes are-Entrance exam in form of JEE, Direct admission on merit basis and management quota.
The process of application can be either online or offline are per the candidate’s choice.
The application registration form may be submitted through university website and after dully filling the form, paying a fee of Rs. 1000/- through either of the one- net banking/card (credit/debit).
The application form can be obtained from the prospectus. This needs to be dully filled and sent through speed post (only) to University Campus address along with a DD of Rs. 1000/- in favour of ‘JyotiVidyapeeth Women’s University’ payable at Jaipur.
Admission confirmation fees is to be paid after the declaration of the merit.
Hostel and Facilities
JAYOTI VIDYAPEETH WOMEN’S UNIVERSITY (JVWU), JAIPUR
a. For students, the Jayoti Vidyapeeth Women’s University provides hostel with more than 1500 beds that are well furnished.
b. Some of the other facilities provided in the campus are gym, swimming pool, cafeteria, auditorium, library, wifi, medical, transport, cyber centre, sports etc.
a. As it is only girl/women university, so the hostel facility is only available for girls/women.
b. This University offers very good facilities. Proper bed arrangement, AC, Air-cooled facility and furniture are installed in the rooms of the hostel. In addition, the hostel also provides internet and telephones in every room as well as mess. Students can choose their room according to their choice.
c. Hostel accommodation is available for everyone and it is based on first come first serve basis.
d. Scholarship offered by the university:
- Students who will secure 85% and above will get the scholarship of rupees 15000 every year.
- Students who will secure above 75%-84.99% will get the scholarship of rupees 10000 every year.
- Students who will secure above 55%- 74.99% will get the scholarship of rupees 5000 every year.
Various Activities on the campus
- Portfolio Division Activity
- Community Development Activity
- Professional Development Activity
- Language Proficiency Courses
- Certificate Course in Professional Communication
- Extra Curricular Activity
- Various festivals celebrated in the institute:
- All the cultural, religious, social and patriotic festivals are celebrated in The JVWU University. And during vacations, the university also organizes many activities for students.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
1) 3 year Law Degree Course - A candidate who has graduated in any discipline from a recognized University can appear for L.L.B. course
2) Integrated Degree Program - Candidate must have passed 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam or an exam cosidered to be equivalnt to 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam can enrol for integrated degree program (LLB and a first degree in any other subject).
Candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree after taking up other courses through distance mode are also considered eligible for integrated degree course. But those candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree through distance mode or from open universities without any basic qualification are not eligible for admission into law courses.
Minimum marks for admission into law courses -
1) 40% for SC/ST candidates
2) 45% for other candidates