IIS University is a private university established in 1995 under the affiliation of University of Rajasthan. It was awarded the ‘Deemed University’ status in 2009 by the Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD). It was formerly known as International College for Girls (ICG).
The university has 13 departments through which it provides undergraduate, postgraduate, research and career oriented and skill development courses.
IIS Jaipur is spread across over 50,000 sq. m of land with well equipped computer labs, hostels, gym, sports facilities, library, transportation, health-care, audio/visual lab and more. It also has its own student run FM station.
The admission into UG and PG programs in on the basis of merit marks scored in 12th class and Bachelors course respectively. The university conducts its own entrance exam i.e Research Entrance Test (RET) for admission into Ph.D. and M.phil programs.
Below is a list of top departments under the University-
- Department of Home Science
- Department of Physical and computer Science
- Department of Fashion and Textiles
- Department of Mass communication
- Department of Fine Arts
- Department of Commerce
Application and Admission Procedure
HOW TO APPLY?
For admission students can apply through two modes i.e online and offline.
The application fee and registration fee together are 1200/- rupees for online application and 1100/- rupees for offline applications. The fee can be paid through two modes:
- Online payment through credit card or debit card or internet banking
- Demand draft drawn in the favor of “The IIS University, Jaipur”.
The applicants who wish to submit online application visit the website https://iisuniv.ac.in/ and fill in the application.
The documents that need to be furnished along with the application are:
- Filled in application
- Marksheet of the Secondary examination
- Sports/NSS/NCC/Scouting original certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Affidavit for gap period
- Passport sized photographs
HOW TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION FORM
- First go the official website or you can obtain the form from the university.
- Select admission and then go to apply online.
- Select your course UG or PG and fill in your details.
- Upload your photo and academic details.
- Upload all the supporting documents and submit the application.
List of the eligible candidates for admission, based upon the merit and fulfillment of the university will be put up on the official website.
For offline Application form
The application form can be obtained from the IIS University, Gurukul Marg, SFS, Mansarovar, Jaipur, 302020, Rajasthan, India by paying the application fee in the form of Cash or Demand Draft drawn in the favor of ‘The IIS University, Jaipur ‘.
- First obtain the application form from either the website or from the university and make the payment for application.
- Fill the form correctly and attach the final marksheet and the supported documents. If the final marksheet is not available you need to mention “results awaited”.
- Once the eligible candidates list, which is based on CAT or MAT for admissions in MBA or RPET for admissions in B. Tech courses is available on the website, the course fee had to be paid and original documents should be submitted. After this college id.
NOTE- The minimum percentage is 48% in the qualifying examinations.
Hostel and Facilities
The IIS University has an enormous campus with an area of over 50,000 square metres. The University promises excellent infrastructure to its students. The class rooms of the University are spacious and well lit. There are several eateries on the campus as well. It has a well stocked library. It also provides sports facilities to its students including cricket, football basket ball etc. The University also has a knowledge-centre which offers a job-oriented training on communicative and soft skills, leading to placement-assistance in the corporate sector.
The added benefits are:
- Personality development
- Improved employability across the state
- Helping students to match skills to industry standards (i.e. providing the much needed education industry interface)
There are separate hostels for both boys and girls. The hostels are equipped with the facilities of with facilities including Canteen, Bed, Mattress, Table, Chair, Laundry, Ambulance, TV room, Power Backup, Hot Water/Cold Water.