PSG Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Coimbatore was established in 1985 under PSG & Sons’ Charities. The institution has been granted recognition by Medical Council of India, General Medical Council of UK and Srilankan Medical Council. Students from this college secure high ranks in the university examination and various competitive examinations held at a national and international level like PLAB examination of UK and USMLE. It maintains several rural and urban health centers, manned by qualified medical and paramedical personnel.
- It is the firstteaching hospitalinTamil Naduand the third teaching hospital in India to get NABH accreditation
- PSG Hospitals is an 810 bedded
- The hospital houses various specialties such as Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Paediatrics, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology, Anaesthesiology, Radiology and Emergency medicine
- The WHO Directory of World Medical Schools lists the institution.
- Project on “Development of an Atlas of Cancer in India” in collaboration with NCRP- supported by WHO, aided by ICMR – Dept. of Pathology, PSG IMS & R.
- “Cervical Cancer prevention and the comparative Evaluation of single versus double Freeze Cryotherapy techniques in the treatment of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia” under the auspices of the International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
- The effect of garlic oil on lipid peroxidation and blood cell counts of arsenicexposed albino mice.
- Problem Solving for Better Health – Student Research for action project funded by HAP
- Reproductive Child Health Projects in 10 villages funded by GOI / FPAI from 2000
- Effect of Yoga on Training on Cardio-Respiratory Functions in Normal Young MaleVolunteers
- Antidiabetic Activity of Achyrantha Rubrofusca in Ethanolic & Aqueous Extract
- Department of Anaesthesiology
- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Biomedical Informatics
- Department of Cardiology
- Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Department of Community Medicine
- Department of Dentistry
- Department of Dermatology
- Department of Forensic Medicine
Telephone: +91 422 2570170, 2598822, 4345802
Fax: +91 422 2594400
Email: [email protected]
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBBS/BDS at Psg Institute Of Medical Sciences students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The candidate should be 17 years old (as on 31st December of the admission year). He/She should have appeared for an exam cosidered to be equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam and studied PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology). The candidate should have studied English at 10+2 level. Candidate satisfying any of the following criteria are also eligible -
1) Candidates who have appeared for Intermediate examination in science with subjects PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and English. Those who have appeared for pre-professional/pre-medical exams with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English and have appeared for 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam or intermediate exam are also eligible.
2) Candidates who have passed the first year of a 3 year degree course with subjects - Physics, Chemistry, Biology are also eligible.
3)Candidates who have passed B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science) exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and who have cleared 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam with PCB are also eligible.
Marks obtained in Maths are not considered for admission into the MBBS course.
Please note that in a non-governmental institutes, 50% of the seats will be filled by management of the institute. Academic merit should be considered while granting admission under management quota. Rest 50% seats will be filled by competent authority based on the academic merit of the candidate.
Academic merit of a candidate will be determined based on the performance in competitive exam conducted by the state governemnt or competent authority or centralized competitive exam conducted at the national level.
Candidate must score at least 50% marks in the competitive exam. For SC/ST/OBC candidates the minimum percentage required is 40%.
For post-graduation courses, performance in first, second and MBBS exam can be considered to determine the academic eligibility of the candidate.