A.Veeriya Vandayar Memorial Sri Pushpam College (AVVM Sri Pushpam College) is an autonomous aided, Arts & Science College established by Shri A. Veeriya Vandayar and his truthful brother Shri.A. Krishnasamy Vandayar in the year 1956 and renamed in 1972 as A.Veeriya Vandayar Memorial Sri Pushpam College.
- The college is NAAC Accredited ‘A’ Grade.
- The college is located in Poondi, Thanjavur district of Tamil Nadu.
- The college is affiliated to Bharathidasan University.
- The College is situated in sprawling sylvan surroundings of 85 acres.
- It has 23 years of rich experience in the Autonomous set up.
- It has 18 full-fledged departments in traditional subjects like Mathematics, Physics, History, Economics etc., as well as in modern Subjects like Computer Science, Microbiology,
- Biotechnology and Business Administration.
- The college has been imparting our National language Hindi as an alternative language under part - I from 1977-78.
- The college has come up with an institute to provide technical education known as Shri Pushpam College of Technical Education
- The college has strong Alumni Association and quite a few of them occupy prominent positions in public life.
Started by Rao Bahadur Shri.A.Veeriya Vandayar and his illustrious brother Shri.A.Krishnaswamy Vandayar of Poondi with a far-sighted vision of educating the rural masses, the motto of the College is “to learn and to serve”. The Secretary and Correspondent of the college, Shri.K.Thulasiah Vandayar has a vision to offer quality academic programmes and value oriented higher education to the rural community in Tamilnadu to equip them to meet the challenges of time in terms of regional, national and global demands with moral standards and quality.
The Mission of A.V.V.M. Sri Pushpam College (Autonomous) is to build leadership qualities, competent minds and form compassionate hearts. The college imparts a practical, demanding and overall development of the personality generated by love, consideration and care for society.
The college offers a wide range of needs, interests and programmes within a challenging, supportive and conducive environment for the clear vision of the future and to apply it for the betterment of the nation.
The Vision and Mission is reflected in the trust document of the college that declares to serve and empower the downtrodden people of this rural agrarian backward area in the fields of Education, Technology and Agriculture.