Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College is an engineering institution situated at Gill Park, at Ludhiana in the state of Punjab. The institute was founded in the year 1956 and is one of the oldest engineering institutions in the northern region.
Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College was established by the Nankana Sahib Education Trust.
The institute offers various degrees courses-
For Engineering & Technology Courses, all those candidates who have passed the 10+2 examination from a board recognized or established by central/state government.
The candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination shall also be eligible to appear for counselling based on JEE (Main) merit.
For admission into M.tech and MBA programs, candidates need to have a descent score in GATE and CMAT respectively.
The top recruiting companies include HP, Infosys, Accenture, Nestle, TCS and Nestle. Over 400 students were placed in 2017.
Application and Admission Procedure
To take admissions in the GNDEC engineering college in the desired courses, the students need to check the eligibility criteria in the respective course.
- The admissions in B.Tech courses take place on the basis of joint entrance examination.
- In case of M.Tech, the students need to appear for GATE examination and qualify it with valid score
- For entry into MBA, the candidates need to have a valid CMAT score.
The admission process is purely based on merit. The students need to apply online for the quality improvement program on the website to enter into PhD programs.
How to apply
- The students need to apply for JEE Mains by visiting the official website of JEE.
- The application fee for the JEE is 1000INR and 500INR for the SC/ST categories for the offline examinations. In case of the online examination, the application fee will be 500INR for the general candidates. The SC/ST candidates will have to pay 250INR.
- Once the students qualify the entrance examination, the students will have to visit the official website to check for the counselling rounds.
- The candidates will be selected based on their JEE scores. The merit list of the candidate will be prepared.
- The candidates who are selected will have to visit the college for the submission of the required documents and certificates along with the application form. The remainder fee must be paid in the college itself.
Hostel and Facilities
The college is located in a beautiful and vast campus spreading over 86 acres. The campus is situated 5 kms away from the bus station and 8 kms away from the main Ludhiana Railway station. The campus harbors a swimming pool, gym, sports courts and post office along with various other recreational and efficacious structures.
Segregated hostels with a capacity of 1200 students are available for boys and girls. There are three hostels allotted to boys and one is reserved for girls.
The rooms are well furnished with all the basic amenities such as 24/7 water and power supply, timely housekeeping and wifi. The mess serves nutritious food and a Mess Members Committee is available for the redressal of menu issues. There are several PG’s available as well for the convenience of students.
The students can also avail the facilities of a computer centre with hi speed internet connection and a resourceful central library with a Welfare section for financially weak students.
The college also has a bank, dispensary, open air theatre and laboratories for research and experiments.
For motivating students towards healthy lifestyles the college holds different sports events and tournaments. A holistic wellness plan for physical, mental and emotional development of students is also run by the college staff.
There are machine shop, fitting shop, carpentry and pattern shop etc. for the skill development of students.
The college organizes various artistic, cultural and traditional events for the refreshment of students like, Bhangra competitions, Independence day celebrations etc.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at GNDEC students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.