Hostel and Facilities
- There are separate accommodation facilities for boys and girls
- There are 4 hostels- 2 for girls and 2 for boys
- Total 600 students (300 in Girls’ Hostel and 300 in Boys’ Hostel) can be accommodated in these hostels
- Hostel accommodation is provided to the selected students depending on the distance between their place of residence and Vidyasagar University. Preference is given to the students coming from other State or remote places
- Hostels are provided with facilities of playing Badminton and indoor games like Carrom, Chess and Ludo etc.
- Television with Digital TV connection and telephone are provided in the common rooms of the Hostels
- Computers with internet facility
- The University is spread over a total area of 182 acres
- A superior medical facility in the campus with one doctor, two medical assistants, one lady assistants, one 24×7 ambulance, First aid, ECG facilities, and Ultrasound etc facilities to be started soon.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at Vidyasagar University students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.