SHAHEED BHAGAT SINGH STATE TECHNICAL CAMPUS, FEROZEPUR
The Shaheed Bhagat Singh State Technical Campus is a government university that is established in 1995. This campus is approved by AICTE and affiliated by PTU, Jalandhar. It was formerly known as Shaheed Bhagat Singh campus but in 2011 it is updated as Shaheed Bhagat Singh Technical campus.
The campus offers 11 departments through which it provides undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma courses. The admission into UG and PG programs is done on the basis of entrance exams such as NATA, CET, GATE and AIEEE.
Below is a list of top departments under the University-
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Computer Sc. & Engineering
- Department of Electronics & Comm. Engineering
- Department of Applied Science & Humanities
- Department of Architecture
- MCA & MBA
- Polytechnic Wing
Shaheed Bhagat Singh State Technical Campus is spread across over 92 acres of land with well-equipped labs, TV room, hostels, gym, guest room, canteen, sports complex, library, and more.
Application and Admission Procedure
In order to take admission in the desired engineering courses in Shaheed Bhagat Singh state technical campus, the students must have qualified the JEE entrance examination and must have passed 10+2 examination from a board recognized or established by central/state government with physics and mathematics as compulsory subjects. Diploma holders from a recognized board or university with a valid JEE score can also apply.
How to apply
- The direct admissions are available for the students who wish to take admissions in the desired courses. The students need to visit the official website of the institute to take out the application form.
- The application form must be filled accurately with all the personal, the educational details, and the original copy of all the documents should be produced at the time of the admissions and a set of attested photocopies should be kept attached with the application form.
- The entry fee will be deposited at the time of admission process and the candidate needs to be present at the time of the admission process. The students must keep the printouts of the application form for future reference.
There are various documents to be attached, the list is as follows-
- DMC of 12th / Diploma/certificate course of SLIET
- Residence certificate
- Migration certificate
- Character certificate
- Latest coloured 8 passport size photographs of student, 5 passport size photographs of Father.
Hostel and Facilities
The college offers accommodation for both boys and girls.
Three hostels are available for boys, called Satluj Bhawan, Ganga Bhawan, and Beas Bhawan. They include such features as:
- 91 dormitories with respective capacities of 3 to 4 students are available in Satluj and Ganga Bhawan, while Beas Bhawan has 202 double seater rooms.
- Each Hostel has a TV room with cable connection, a guest room, a room for-in-door games and a recreation-cum-reading room.
- Each hostel has a warden office and a manager’s office for its smooth functioning.
- Each hostel is running a co-operative mess. Students themselves ensure the quality of the food served, decide the menu and manage all the matters.
- The reading room of each hostel subscribes many magazines and newspapers.
- Beautifully landscaped lawns are developed in front of each hostel providing students eye-soothing and refreshing surroundings.
The campus is spread out across a large area in Ferozepur, Punjab, and not only provides hostels but also other facilities such as a well-stocked library, an entire workshop area, a modern computer center, state-of-the-art labs, a market complex as well as a sports complex which includes a gymnasium.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at SBSSTC students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.