Shri Muthukumaran Institute of Technology
Shri Muthukumaran Institute of Technology was started in the year 1996 to provide technical education to the student of the economically weaker sections. The college that has been spread on over 43 acres of land is established under the name of Sri Muthukaran Educational Trust. The college has received approval by AICTE and is affiliated to Anna University. The college is located on the outskirts of Chennai and is easily accessible by various means of transport such as Railways and Roadways. The college has a vision of establishing itself as an institute of with interdisciplinary facilities of excellence. The Institute strives to provide the student with quality technical education as well as contribute to the overall development of society.
How to Apply
The students can apply for the M.B.A program at the college by obtaining the form from the Institute and submitting the same after filling it completely. Documents to be produced at the time of admission are:
- Graduation Certificate
- Community Certificate
- Provisional Certificate
- All Mark sheets
- Transfer Certificate from the Institution last attended
- Recognition Certificate from the Anna University(for graduates from other Universities only)
- Character Certificate from the Institution last attended
- Photos: Passport size 5 and stamp size 1 for (Identity Card)
Candidates who wish to seek admission to the M.B.A program of the College need to fill in the application form completely provided at the institute with all the mentioned documents. Then based on the marks obtained in the graduation and 10+2 final merit list is released. Based on this merit list the admission are provided to the candidates.
*The final admission is granted only after producing the original copies of the document attached to the form.
A candidate who wants to pursue an MBA course from SMIT must have a graduate degree from a recognised university. Also, he should have secured more than 50% in his graduation.
- The college has been designed to meet all the academic as well as co-curricular requirements of the students. The college has spacious and fully ventilated classrooms that provide ample learning space.
- The college has a well maintained and hygienic canteen for the students where they can feast on some delicious food.
- A well-maintained library is also provided, which contains some resources for the students to learn and refer from.
- Transportation to some of the prominent parts of the city is also provided. The college has a fleet of 20 buses which pick and drop the students from various locations.
The college has a separate hostel for both the boys and the girls within the campus. The hostel is equipped with all basic amenities, and the students get to feel the ambience of home.
- The list of companies that recruited students on the campus were IBM, Infosys, HCL Infosystems, JustDial, Omni-Tech Solutions, CSS Corp.
- To know more about the placement of SMIT MBA course you can visit this link http://www.smit.edu.in/job-recruiters.html
The Institute makes sure that the students get to explore their creative side and are not only engrossed in studies. For this, the college organises various events as well as sends it student to participate in competitions organised by various institutes. The students get to be a part of sports such as:
- Table Tennis
The students of the institute are also active participants in the cultural events such as music, dance and drama.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at SMIT students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.