Vellore Institute of Technology also know as Vellore University is a deemed University set up in Vellore, Tamil Nadu. It was founded in 1984 as a self financing Institution. It was granted the University status in 2001 by Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD).
The University offers over 60 courses under undergraduate, postgraduate, integrated and research programs. The main campus in located in Vellore. It has two other campus in Amravati and Bhopal.
The campus is spread over 350 acres of eco-friendly land. It resembles to a city with gardens, lawns, lakes, food courts, residential complexes, hair salons and more. Two main fests organized are- GRAVITAS (Technical) and RIVERIA (Sports and cultural).
VIT conducts its own entrance exam named VITEEE for entrance into itsB.tech program. For the year 2017, over 2,23,000 aspirants appeared for the test. With over 35,000 enrolled students, the university has maintained a 2:1 Gender Ratio.
Hostel and Facilities
VELLORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (VIT), VELLORE
HOSTEL AND FACILITIES
VIT campus is spread over 250 acres. The Institute has 4 auditoriums, a number of indoor and outdoor sports complexes, 33 multi cuisine canteens, campus Wi-Fi services, and smart classrooms.
- The hostel facility is available for both men and women. 17 for men and 6 for women.
- The hostel provides facilities like gym, swimming pool, A/C, washing services, and dining.
- Hostel accommodation is available to all the students.
- VIT offers scholarship to the top rank holders (1 to 1000)
- Various Clubs on the campus- VIT has many student clubs of the following categories- arts, literature, outreach, fitness, and technology.
- Various festivals celebrated in the institute- The institute organises fests Riviera- ISO certified Annual International Sports and Cultural Carnival and Gravitas- Annual Technological & Design Carnival.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
1) 3 year Law Degree Course - A candidate who has graduated in any discipline from a recognized University can appear for L.L.B. course
2) Integrated Degree Program - Candidate must have passed 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam or an exam cosidered to be equivalnt to 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam can enrol for integrated degree program (LLB and a first degree in any other subject).
Candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree after taking up other courses through distance mode are also considered eligible for integrated degree course. But those candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree through distance mode or from open universities without any basic qualification are not eligible for admission into law courses.
Minimum marks for admission into law courses -
1) 40% for SC/ST candidates
2) 45% for other candidates