Loyola Institute of Business Administration is a premier college which provides management courses in the city of Chennai. It was established in 1979 and since then it has been a pioneer in providing students with quality education at par with excellence. LIBA offers both full – time and part – time courses in Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) as well as with doctoral, certificate, executive and management development courses.How To Apply
- Students seeking admission to 2 – year, full – time PGDM course must apply online at liba.edu or follow the link http://liba.sify.net/liba_instructions.php for registration.
- The application fee is INR 1250 which is payable either by Cash or Demand Draft or Online payment via Net Banking, Credit or Debit Cards. The following are the steps involved for application and registration of candidate:
- Apply online as mentioned above
- Follow either of the payment options mentioned below:
- Payment through Demand Draft for INR 1250 in favour of LIBA payable at Chennai.
- Make cash payment of INR 1250 at any of the IMS centers, obtaining the receipt and the bulletin.
- Apply online and post registration, pay INR 1250 – application fee at institute’s admission office.
- You can also pay online via Net Banking or Credit/Debit card.
- Obtain the application form, scan a copy of candidate’s photograph and signature (file size up to 50 KB only), duly fill – in the details and submit it. Upon submission of the form, you will receive by e – mail, a unique ID and password which confirms your registration.
- Sign – in with your ID and password you have received and get the “Payment Advise Form” printed.
- Attach the Demand Draft/IMS receipt along with the Payment Advise Form and make sure that your name and CAT/XAT exam ID is mentioned behind the Demand Draft and send these documents to The Admissions Office, LIBA, Loyola College, Nungambakkam, Chennai – 600 034.
NoteThe Payment Advise form must have the Transaction details and date of transaction if the application fee was paid via online option.
- You may pay your application fees at any authorized IMS centre as mentioned in this document via this link - http://liba.sify.net/IMS_center_for_PGDM2014_16.xls
- Admission to LIBA’s 2 – year, full – time PGDM course is through Common Admission Test (CAT) or Xavier Admission Test (XAT) exam scores.
- The minimum score required for the aforementioned exams is 70 percentile score in XAT and 75 percentile score in CAT.
- Candidates will be short – listed according to cut – off criteria set by the institution and shall be called upon group discussion and/or interview at one of the centres in Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, etc.
- The institute does not entertain admission via donation or capitation fees keeping true to Jesuit tradition.
- For more details regarding admission process please follow the link - http://liba.sify.net/liba_instructions.php
- The Cut – off scores for full – time PGDM course for 2015 – 2017 as stated by Loyola Institute of Business Administration is as follows:
- General Quota:
- XAT:95 & above in Verbal Ability, More than 51.40 in Quantitative Ability, A minimum of 32.77 in Reasoning & Decision Making Ability also a total score of 70 percentile.
- CAT:84 onwards in Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation, a minimum of 69.73 in Verbal ability & Logical Reasoning with a total score of 75 Percentile.
- XAT: A minimum of 81.39 in Verbal Ability, more than 46.01 in Quantitative Ability, 27.50 & above in Reasoning & Decision Making Ability with an overall score of 67 percentile
- CAT:38 & above in Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation, more than 56.52 in Verbal ability & Logical Reasoning with a total score of 65 Percentile.
- XAT: A minimum score of 71.39 in Verbal Ability, more than 39.65 in Quantitative Ability, 18.35 & above in Reasoning & Decision Making Ability also a total score of 57.10 percentile is a prerequisite.
- CAT:69 and above in Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation, a minimum 49.25 in Verbal ability & Logical Reasoning with an overall score of 60 Percentile.
- Tamil Catholics:
- XAT: A minimum of 54.87 in Verbal Ability is a prerequisite with a 33.58 in Quantitative Ability as minimum score, 14.74 & above in Reasoning & Decision Making Ability also a total score of 44 percentile is required.
- CAT:17 is the minimum requirement in Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation, 33.71 and above in Verbal ability & Logical Reasoning with at least 50 Percentile in Total Score.
- General Quota:
- Students who have procured a bachelor’s degree irrespective of any discipline (arts, science, commerce, etc.), from a recognized university and with a minimum aggregate score of 60% throughout 10th and 12th are eligible for admission to 2 – year, full – time PGDM course at LIBA. Also, students who are in their final year of their bachelor’s degree programme can also apply, provided that their degree is completed before admission.
- A relaxation to Dalit Catholics and Tamil Nadu Catholics is committed by the management of the institution for their education.
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration resides in the historic campus of Loyola College, Chennai which is spread over 99 acres in the heart of the city with lush green campus and gothic architecture to go with the history.
- Sports facilities – both indoors and outdoors, wired internet connectivity, library resources, cafeterias, seminar halls, etc are few of the many facilities students can enjoy in this vast campus.
- Hostel facilities are available to both girls and boys.
- It is mandatory for candidates seeking admissions to full – time PGDM to live in hostel residence.
- Loyola College boarding facilities are available to both men and women with single occupancy boarding in men’s hostel and double occupancy in women’ hostel.
- All indoor and outdoor sports facilities with common rooms are there to enjoy for the residents.
- Average salary package awarded for the previous year was at INR 800,000 per annum.
- An average stipend of INR 16000 was offered to students opting for summer internships in 2014.
- Eminent companies have been among the recruiters for on – campus placements at LIBA. Here is the list of recruiters that offered placements at LIBA - http://liba.cvportfolio.com/#!/list-of-recruiters
- Follow this link for the placement brochure - http://liba.cvportfolio.com/#!/
- For more details regarding placements visit the placements page via this link - http://liba.edu/placements/
Loyola Institute of Business Administration has been consistent in being ranked among the best business schools in India and also in Asia.
- In 2015, LIBA has been credited with an overall rank of 9th place in top business schools’ list by Careers 360 and with a state ranking of AAAA.
- For more information on LIBA’s ranking please visit the placements page via this link - http://liba.edu/placements/
LIBA offers various ways and opportunities to enthrall the lives of the students with the umpteen numbers of Academic clubs driven by students themselves. Few of the clubs are as mentioned below:
- Le Vox Populi (HR Club)
- FINESSE (Finance Club)
- MARK – IT (Marketing Club)
- RADIUS – REACHING OUT (Social Service Club)
- E – CELL (Entrepreneurship Club)
- 360 Degrees (Club that organizes various events and activities at LIBA)
- “BINARY” – The Systems Club
The following are few of the dates which are marked important in the LIBA calendar:
- Online Registration begins – 15th September
- Last date for application – 7th February
- Last date of receipts – 12th February
- Last date for XAT Online registration – 22nd November
- Xavier Admission Test (XAT) – 4th January
- CAT online registration closes on – 30th September
- Common Admission Test (CAT) – 16th November, 22nd November
|Maximum salary offered||2120000|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered||930000|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management Human Resource Management||CAT||General||70 Percentile||2015|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Operations Management||CAT||General||70 Percentile||2015|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management Marketing||CAT||General||70 Percentile||2015|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management Finance||CAT||General||70 Percentile||2015|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management Human Resource Management||CAT||General||70 Percentile||2016|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Operations Management||CAT||General||70 Percentile||2016|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management Marketing||CAT||General||70 Percentile||2016|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Management Finance||CAT||General||70 Percentile||2016|
To pursue MBA at LIBA students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.