Multani Mal Modi College is synonymous with academic excellence adorning the cultural city of Patiala. Located in the heart of the city, Multani Mal Modi College is a multi-faculty, co-educational institution established by Padma Bhushan, Rai Bahadur Seth Gujjar Mal Modi, in the fond memory of his illustrious father, Rai Bahadur Seth Multani Mal Modi. The foundation stone of the college was laid by Dr Dharam Vir, ICS, the then Governor of Punjab, on Sept 21, 1966 and the first academic session commenced in July 1967.
The magnanimous and enlightened Managing Committee of the college is headed by its visionary Chairman, Seth Sudarshan Kumar Modi, who is firmly committed to fulfilling the dreams and ideals of his illustrious grandfather. The college is about to complete 46 years, and during this period it has established itself as a leading Educational Institution with the student strength of more than 3300. The old students of this college- Modiites – occupy positions of eminence in all walks of life which include academicians, doctors, engineers, administrators, scientists, sportspersons, soldiers, artists, social reformers and politicians.
The college offers degree courses in various streams Humanities, Commerce, Science, Computer Science and Business Management as well as Post- Graduate courses in Chemistry, Information Technology, Biotechnology, Fashion Design and Technology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Commerce, Mathematics and Post-Graduate diploma in Computer Applications and Dress Designing and Tailoring.
The college has been conferred the status of “College with Potential for Excellence” (CPE) for XI Plan (Phase III) by the UGC.
The college has also been Re-accredited by NAAC with Grade A,CGPA 3.26.
The Motto, Vision, Mission and Objectives of the college provide us the glimpses of the philosophy of the founders of the college. This is a guiding force for us and we always strive hard to ensure that their dreams are fulfilled. The spirit of this philosophy is enshrined in the motto and mission of our college.
“Tamaso ma jyotirgamaya”
(lead me from darkness to light)
“Vision & mission”
To be a forward looking institution that provides quality education at affordable cost and make the students humane and conscious of contemporary societal concerns.
- To provide an environment where young minds are enthused to be creative and innovative
- To provide level playing field for economically disadvantaged, socially neglected and differently abled students
- To sensitize students to social, economic, cultural and environmental issues
- To provide opportunities where latent talents of students can bloom
- To design programmes for training
- Students to imbibe scientific, logical and critical thinking for encountering challenges
- To facilitate skill-building of the staff for smooth transition from teacher-centred model to student-centred model of education
- To develop and sustain a caring and supportive climate for promoting individual and collective excellence
- To build state of the art infrastructure equipped with latest technology in order to enrich the teaching-learning experience.
- To align the knowledge delivery system to shifting pedagogical paradigms
- Department of Bio-technology
- Department of Business Management
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of English
- Department of Fashion Technology
- Department of Hindi
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Public Administration
- Department of Punjabi
For more details about admission please contact :-
Contact No : 0175 - 2214108
Email : [email protected]