The Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology [TIET] is one of India's oldest and finest educational institutions, which provides a steady source of highly skilled talent to the nation. Over 100 courses are spread across six schools and eight departments. Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology accredited with an 'A' grade by theNational Assessment and Accreditation Council [NAAC]and offers undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. programmes in the field of Engineering.
Recognitions and Accreditations:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council [NAAC]
- All India Council for Technical Education [AICTE]
- National Institutional Ranking Framework [NIRF]
- Ministry of Human Resource Development[MHRD]
- Accredited byNBA
- Ranked 26th among the top 100 engineering institutions of the country as declared by National Institutional Ranking Framework [NIRF], MHRD, Govt. of India
- Ranked at 16th position amongst top 20 technical universities in India
- Ranked at 5th in the list of top non-government technical universities in India
- Ranked at 22nd position inIndia Today in 2014 as per the Nielson college Ranking Survey
- Ranked at 3rd position in the category of Top Engineering Colleges of Super Excellence as per GHRDC-2014
- Ranked 18th among Best Engineering Colleges in Country in 2013
- L. M. Thapar School of Management
- School of Chemistry & Biochemistry
- School of Energy and Environment
- School of Humanities & Social Sciences
- School of Mathematics
- School of Physics & Materials Science
- Address: P.O. Box 32, Bhadson Road, Patiala, Punjab, Pin -147004, India
- Phone Number:+91-175-2393021
- Email ID:firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at THAPAR students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.