Indian institute of social welfare and business management
About the Institute: It is one of the most reputed and top ranked management institutes in India. The institute was eventually the first B-School of India established in 1953 on 25th April. The institute was established with a vision of prospering and excelling the management education in India. The institute was the joint efforts from the University of Calcutta, Government of West Bengal, Government of India and the leaders of the Industry. It was the first step that was taken since the independence of the country to ensure management education. The institute offers a full time programme like MBA, MHRM, MPSM along with some courses for Sports Management, Telecom Management and Retail Management. The institute has been the recipient of many prestigious awards over the years.
How to Apply:
- The Candidate has to download the DL Chalan form from the http://www.iiswbm.edu/ website. DL Form and DL Chalan are available in the following http://www.iiswbm.edu/WebPages/Downloads/ProgramsDoc/DegreeProgramsDoc/MSWDoc/MSW%20DL%20Form.pdf and http://www.iiswbm.edu/WebPages/Downloads/ProgramsDoc/DegreeProgramsDoc/MSWDoc/Bank%20Deposit%20Slip%20MSW.pdf . The Candidate must dully fill the form for application. The Candidate must appear for the CAT on that year.
- The Candidate can send the application form with the State Bank of India SBI Power Jyoti Account A/c No. 32495656710 and deposit INR 600 at any branch of SBI along with the DL Form and Challan.
- The Candidate must send the scan copy of the DL Form 02 with Column 12 along with the DL Challan receipt copy at [email protected]
- The Candidate can also reach up to the campus of the college and collect the Application Form and the Admission Brochure for INR 600.
- Candidate must appear for the CAT Exam in order to be eligible for the Admission to the institute.
- Candidates will be issued with the Group Discussion and Personal Interview letters from the institute as per the CAT Score.
- The shortlisted candidates will be notified and a letter will be issued for admission.
There is no specific cut off mark for the institute. The mark may vary according to the results of the CAT exams.
- Candidate must hold a bachelor Degree or equivalent from a recognized university of India. Candidates appearing in the final year of the exam are also eligible for the admission.
- Candidate must appear for the CAT examination for 2 year full degree and MAT and GMAT for other admissions.
- Candidate must have minimum 3 years of graduation education after 10+2 examinations.
The College Campus is spread across a huge 1786 acres in the urban Kolkata area. The campus which was established in 1953 has ever since has seen adaptation of many advanced technologies and pieces of equipment. Smart Class rooms with LCD projectors are frequently noted in the campus. Seminar rooms, huge auditorium and audio visual rooms are available in the college.
The Hostel facilities of the college are one of the best in the country. The institute has special hostels for both boys and girls. The hostels are fitted with facilities like kitchens, dinning space, Common Area with LCD TV and many others. There is Canteen Facility as well along with the Dwelling Place in the hostels. The Hostel is strictly observed by the management is totally ragging free.
The College has a very decent record of placement services. Being one of the most reputed and the oldest management school of India, the institute sees a good amount of placement record. Companies like Samsung, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, IDBI Bank, TCS, Infosys, HSBC, HDFC, Vedanta Resources, SBI, HP, Citi Bank, Bank of Baroda, Jindal Steel and Power Ltd and many others have actively participated in the placement services. One can visit http://www.iiswbm.edu/WebPages/PublicPages/Placements/PlacementOfficesDirectory.aspx to know about the placement services. Average Placement 80-85% Average Package 5-6 LPA Highest Package 8-9 LPA( Domestic) Biggest Recruiter ICICI Bank
The Management school has been given good rank by many research groups. The People Matters has ranked it 48th in India as per the last report. According to the ranking provided by the Business Today group, the IISWBM has been ranked at 33rd spot. Economic Times have given it a healthy 37th rank in India for Management Studies.
The IISWBM has one of the best Student Life. The institute has a big reputation of great life balance. The institute encourages the active participation in the games, sports and extracurricular activities. The institute provides the perfect platform for the students to groom and gets better as a leader.
Advertisement July Forms for Sale December 1st Week Admission Test CAT (Nov/Dec) GD and PI March Final List March Last Week Commencement July
The Fee Structure of the institute is broken into different sections in order to give clear idea and perception. The institute takes the courses fees majorly with Tuition Fee. However, the other components are also present in the Fee Structure, 1st Year (INR) 2nd Year(INR) Admission Fee 8000 - Tuition Fee 63000 71,000 Development Fee 9000 9000 Library Caution Money 5000 - Security Deposit 5000 - Total 90000 80.000 The Library Caution and Security Deposit are refundable amounts. On the other hand, the institute allows the payment of the fees in four installments 50000 for the first time and 40.000 for the next three times, for the total amount of 1,70.000.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at IISWBM students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.