Known for its dynamic curriculum structure and industry exposure, the Delhi School of Business, has traversed many boundaries to develop its own expertise in management education and research. Launched after 12 years of research on business management and administration to meet professional skills demand, DSB offers a PGDM course which is approved by AICTE and is committed to deliver the highest quality of education and transform the learner into professionals of global excellence to service the industry and the society. At DBS, students are also entitled to international exposure through National University of Singapore (NUS), which is ranked 23rd in the world by Financial Times.How to apply
- Candidates can apply online by going through all the information available in the portal http://www.dsb.edu.in/application2015/index.html and then filling the ‘Application Form’.
- Then the Registration slip needs to be printed which will act as a temporary ID for further interactions with the college.
- After submission of the application, candidate needs to submit any one of the test scores: CAT, GMAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT. He/she can also submit more than one score, only the best score will be considered at the time of making the final decision offer.
- After scrutinizing thoroughly, candidates are short-listed for the Personal Appearance test which has three phases - Written test, Group discussion and Personal Interview.
- Based on their performance in these tests and a thorough evaluation of their academic profile and considering if he/she has any relevant work experience, a final admission list is prepared.
- CAT : 80%
- MAT : 53
- Candidates who have completed their Bachelor’s degree must have at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA. (Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Differently Abled candidates must have at least 45% marks)
- Final year students, who are yet to complete their bachelor’s degree and students who are waiting for their results after completion of all their degree requirements, are also eligible to apply.
- Well planned modern campus spread over 5 acres.
- Excellent WiFi connectivity available throughout the campus.
- Fully air-conditioned auditorium with pre-installed multimedia equipment, projectors etc.
- Well stocked spacious library with more than 10, 000 books and an adjoining E-library with all latest journals, periodicals etc. related to Business studies.
- Spacious, centrally air-conditioned classrooms with digital learning platforms which allows easy access to study materials.
- DBS conducts placement programs for its students to provide specialized training and help them develop their personal skills in order to be confident enough to face the corporate world.
- DBS has an inevitable placement record for the past thirteen years with the highest package for the ongoing placement is expected to be as high as 11 lpa.
- The major recruiters from this institution are the following:
- IDBI Federal Life Insurance Pvt. Ltd.
- Pearson Education
- SAP Labs
- HT Media
- Team Lease
- HCL Technologies
- HDFC Standard Life and many more…
- Ranked among the top B-schools in India.
- Hindustan Times Award for “Best Innovation and Technology” for iLearn
Meritorious scholarships are awarded to the students who opt to join DBS. Based on the student’s scores in CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ GMAT, scholarships up to 50% tuition fee waiver, are awarded.Student life
Apart from academics, various events are organized throughout the year which gives the students an opportunity to excel in various extra-curricular activities.
- Prayatna – an initiative to donate old clothes to the needy and poor
- Prakhar – A cultural event organized for the fresher’s
- Spandan – Annual festival of VIPS
- Last date to submit applications with CAT scores: 30th January, 2015
- Last date to submit graduation scores: 31st August, 2015
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at VIPSTC students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.