Maitreyi College, a constituent College of the University of Delhi, was founded in 1967 by Delhi Administration. The College made a modest beginning at Netaji Nagar with a staff of seventeen teachers offering only B.A. (Pass) and B.Sc. (General) courses. It has since made rapid progress both in size and stature. Presently our campus in Chanakya Puri is spread over ten acres of land in lush green surroundings with extensive play grounds and open spaces. We have a distinguished faculty of 125 teachers and 93 members for administrative support.
Maitreyi College now offers postgraduate courses in Mathematics and Political Science including honours courses in Physical and Life Sciences, Commerce and Humanities. Last year our College started Post Graduate Diploma in Nanotechnology, the first such course in University of Delhi. The college has another first to its credit by focusing on e-learning methodology to create teaching material and evaluation quizzes. The College also offers short term certificate courses in Journalism and Web-designing.
Why to Join Maitreyi College?
1. Educational Visits –
The college organizes for several educational visits for the students to the various industries and institutes. This activity helps, enlighten and educates the students on various aspects and develops their interest in the field.
2. Student Union –
The college has an active & responsible Student union. It has candidate elected from the students who undertakes and organizes for certain activities in the college for the students. It also organizes for the event “RHAPSODY” a inter college festival in college.
3. College Magazine –
Every year the colleges publish a magazine. The creativity of the students is given expression from their contributions to the magazine.
Courses Offered :-
Under Graduate Program (4 Years)
- Bachelor with Honours in English
- Bachelor with Honours in Hindi
- Bachelor with Honours in History
- Bachelor with Honours in Political Sc.
- Bachelor with Honours in Sanskrit
- Bachelor with Honours in Sociolgoy
- Bachelor with Honours in Commerce
- Bachelor with Honours in Botany
- Bachelor with Honours in Chemistry
- Bachelor with Honours in Maths
- Bachelor with Honours in Physics
- Bachelor with Honours in Zoology
- B.Tech Computer Science
Under Graduate Courses B.Sc (Hons) (3 Years)
- Chemistry (Integrated)
- Physics (Integrated)
- Physical Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Computer, Maths)
- Life Sciences (Botony, Chemistry, Zoology)
- Political Science
Restructured B.A. Programme
- English A/B/C compulsory.
- Student may opt for any one of the following Indian Language:
- Hindi A/B/C
- Punjabi A/B
Students may opt for any combination of two discipline courses, which will continue till the third year.
- History and Political Science
- Sociology and English Discipline
- Economics and Mathematics
- Economics and Computer Application
- History and Sanskrit/ Punjabi Discipline
- Sociology and Political Science
- Economics and English Discipline
- Mathematics and Computer Application (Student should have studied English till XII, 60% marks in Eco/Maths)
- Political Science and Sankrit/ Punjabi Discipline
The college offers a course in Language, Literature and Culture. Students can choose either Hindi or English medium for the above course.
The college offers following application courses:
- Creative writing (in Hindi)
- Computer Application