P.G.D.A.V College commenced in a modest way on 17 August 1957. Founded by a leading business house of Delhi, Pannalal Girdharlal (presently having Corporates such as Victor Cables Corporation Ltd, Pannalal Girdharlal Ltd, etc) alongwith DAV Management & Trust, the Pannalal Girdharlal DAV College commenced functioning in a small premises at D.A.V school on Chitragupta Road, New Delhi with a single digit teachers and double digit number of students.
The Evening classes of P.G.D.A.V College started on 18.07.1958 with the primary objective of imparting instruction in higher studies to employed students. Till 1972, the college functioned in a portion of the above school.. It was temporarily shifted to Mandir Marg and remained there for a little over 3 years. After that it was shifted to its own building at Nehru Nagar, the present premises.
The college is a constituent college of the University of Delhi. Being on the Ring Road, it has an easy reach and connectivity. Its premises comprise of spacious building, well-kept and sprawling lawns, play grounds, computerized library, offices, staff room, lecture rooms and computer laboratory – thus, well equipped for all academic, sports, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities throughout the year.
- Department of English
- Department of Hindi
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Economics
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Physical Education
- Department of Sanskrit
For more details about admission please contact :-
Email: [email protected]