Established in 1967, this is one of the top women colleges in the University of Delhi, South Delhi campus. Named after Gargi, an outstanding woman mentioned in the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad,
It has received numerous awards from various organizations. Some of them are as follows-
- Awarded Grade A by NAAC
- Awarded with-College with potential for excellence in 2004 by UGC
- Received a special grant for research and for community service initiatives from UGC
- Awarded the Star College Grant by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India
The college offers graduate and postgraduate courses in varied disciplines.
Graduate courses are offered in-
- Business Economics
- Political Science
- Elementary Education
- Physical Education
Postgraduate courses are offered in
- Political Science.
Apart from these, other courses include Mass Communication, Advertising and marketing communications, Banking and financial services, and German.
The college has no hostel facilities on campus but has state of the art classrooms, laboratories, canteen, wi-fi across the campus and a library containing an enormous selection of 71315 books, 55 journals, 107 CDs, and 10 newspapers.
The college has an excellent auditorium and seminar hall.
The students of the college participate in countless cultural events, seminars and sports meets and the students have 20 of their own clubs covering a wide range of interests.
Application and Admission Procedure
The candidates can apply online by filling the online application form available online on the official website of Delhi University. The candidates must have passed the matriculation examination with a qualifying percentage as required by the stream.
How to Apply
To register, visit the official website and click on the ‘New User signup’ option. After the registration, the candidates will be provided with login credentials which should be preserved for future reference.
The candidate needs to fill the personal and the educational qualifications accurately and attach the required documents.
- Scanned copy of Photograph & Signature
- Self-attested mark sheet of 10th and 10+2, income certificate.
- Character certificate/Migration certificate
- Community certificate
- Certificate with reference to Kashmiri migrant, sports quota or Extra Curricular activities (ECA) quota (if applicable)
The last step is to make the payment as per the modes available and take out the printout of the application form for future reference.
Hostel and Facilities
Gargi College does not have hostel facility of its own, but there are many girl’s hostels and paying guest services near by the college at places such as Lajpat nagar, Munirka, Neeti Bagh etc. These hostels have a comfortable room size and are furnished.
Besides being situated extremely near by the college, these places also provide easy access to various shops and markets from where the students could be able to fulfil their basic needs.
HOSTEL AND CAMPUS FACILITIES:
- Easy access to transport
- 24 hours water and electricity supply
- The food available at hostels are worth the price
- Wi-Fi enabled campus
- Library with huge collection of books and e-books
- Scholarship awarded to meritorious students and other students depending upon their family income
- Many events are also organised by the college such as Medical and health event, Engineering and tech fest, Reverie cultural fest etc. for the overall growth and development of all the students