T John College started its MBA program in Bengaluru and provides a curriculum that aspires to prepare the students for life outside of college, by inculcating in them the social responsibility, and excellent managerial and analytical skills. The program offers a variety of specializations for its students to take up.How to Apply?
- Applications can be sent both online and offline
- To apply offline, you need to send a Demand Draft in the name of T. John College of Rs700 payable at Bangalore. The college will then send you the prospectus and application form.
- You can apply online at http://www.tjohncollege.com/claviska-new/onlineapplications.php
- The documents to be sent with the application form will be mentioned on the form itself
- You can get direct admission by submitting a DD of Rs 35000 in the name of the college and reserve your seat along with your application form.
- There is an entrance exam for MBA and students are selected on the basis of their marks in the entrance exam and their aggregate marks in their Bachelor’s degree.
- The accepted entrance exam score is of CMAT
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks or above in any discipline from any recognized university.
- SC/ST/OBC/Category-I candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 45% marks or above from any recognized university. However, this is only applicable to candidates from Karnataka
- Lush green campus
- Air conditioned classrooms with latest technology
- Playground for sports available
- Canteen serves good quality food
- Bus facility available for transportation
- Computer lab with Wi-Fi available
- Well stocked library
- Digital library also present
- Separate hostels available for boys and girls
- Each hostel room has a cot, a cupboard, a table and a chair
- On campus hostel also available for boys
- There are some luxury apartments available which are furnished and have facilities like a fridge, microwave etc both for boys and girls.
There is an active placement cell that prepares students for the job market and helps in developing skills. Some of the recruiters from the 2012-14 batch were:
- Kottayam district Cooperative Bank
- Fleetroys Polymers
- HDFC Bank
- Steel Authority of India Ltd.
- Mycom Imaging
- Infosys BPO
- ICICI Securities
- The total tuition fee for the 2-year MBA course is Rs375000. Out of this, Rs 150000 is to be paid in the first semester and the rest is to be paid in instalments of Rs 75000 every semester.
- Total fee for Boys hostel for the duration of the course is Rs62000 including food and accommodation.
- Total fee for Girls Hostel for the duration of the course is Rs66000 including food and accommodation.
- The campus hostel for boys costs Rs95000 on a 3 person room sharing basis and Rs85000 on a 4 person room sharing basis. This cost is for the whole duration of the course and includes food and accommodation.
- There are some furnished luxury apartments for both boys and girls which cost Rs65000 for 11 months without food.
- The institute provides a Bona Fide certificate with an approximate expenditure which the student can present to the bank for a loan. Some loans are available under the Union Education Scheme of the Union Bank of India. However, the bank’s decision is final.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at TJOHN students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.