BIT is a private university which was established in the month of August 1979 for imparting technical education to the students in order to maintain prosperity and growth in the economy. It is affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University.
The institute offers various graduate engineering courses to the students. It is located in Belgaum, Bangalore. It came into existence under the auspices of Vokkaligara Sangha, Bengaluru. It has been recognized by AICTE and has been accredited by NBA.
It offers following courses:
- 9 undergraduate courses
- 10 postgraduate courses
- 10 PhD/Research courses
The lush green campus of the institute accommodates the infrastructure including hostels, library, auditorium, conference halls, and seminar halls and so on.
The college has a placement cell to guide students throughout and pre placement season. In the year 2018, over 350 students were placed into top notch companies.
Application and Admission Procedure
How to Apply
BIT’s Department of Management Studies (MBA) is affiliated to VTU and is approved by AICTE as a result of which, the institution follows norms and criteria laid down by the VTU Regulations.
Under this, any candidate aspiring to seek admission for MBA has to meet the eligibility criteria of possessing a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in the Bachelor’s degree; candidates from Karnataka who belong to the SC/ST and Category I need to have a minimum of 45% in the aggregate. Marks obtained by candidates in KMAT/CMAT/PGCET or any other national eligibility test are also taken into account.
For applying to the institution, candidates first need to download the application form from the university website.
This application form being made available by the university in a PDF format has to be printed out by prospective candidates and filled up with requisite details and documents which include:
- Passport Photos (3)
- Original TC /Migration Certificate (2 photocopies)
- Address ID: Voter ID/DL/UID/Aadhaar Card/PAN Card (2 photocopies)
- An Undertaking form in INR 100 bond paper signed by both the candidates and their parents/guardians and also duly signed by a notary.
The Undertaking form can be obtained from the college website itself.
Resulting admission procedures presumably follow the submission of the application form, leading to an acceptance or rejection of the candidate in the institution.
Hostel and Facilities
Hostel facility is available for girls as well as boys. The hostel mess supplies hygienic, well balanced and nutritious food and is run by the active involvement of students.
- At present B.I.T offers 9 undergraduate, 6 postgraduate and a PhD course(s) with a student strength of more than 2500.
- There are a number of centres carrying out inter-disciplinary research and many collaborative programmes exist between the college and other institutions, like IISc, N.A.L, etc.
- The college is also a program centre for IGNOU
- Teaching & research work is also amply supported by facilities such as a central library with 30000 volumes of textbooks and reference books,
- The college provides INDUSTRIAL CONSULTANCY AND RESEARCH CENTER.
- Besides this, the institute also offers the facilities like auditorium (1200 seating capacity), seminar hall, co-operative society, canteen.
- BIT teams have participated in various University inter-collegiate competitions such as volleyball, cricket, table tennis etc. The institute also organizes the “The Annual Athletic Meet” for students and its staff members in various sports such as cricket, football, volleyball, kabaddi, track events, carrom, chess, table tennis and shot-put.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at BIT students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.