Bangalore institute of technology Bangalore
BIT is a private type of university which was established in the month of August, 1979 for imparting technology education to the students in order to maintain prosperity and growth in the economy. It is affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University.
The institute offers various graduate engineering courses to the students. It is located in Belgaum, Bangalore. It came into existence under the auspices of Vokkaligara Sangha, Bengaluru. It has been recognized by AICTE and has been accredited by NBA. It offers nine undergraduate courses, 10 post graduate courses, and PhD courses to the students in various fields. The lush green campus of the institute accommodates the infrastructure including hostels, library, audotirium, conference halls, and seminar halls and so on.
The vision of the institute is to establish and develop the institute as a centre of higher learning and education with the motto of expanding the horizon of knowledge in the field of technology and engineering for entrepreneurial thinking, leadership excellence and a lifelong success for the students. The students must visit the official link of the website i.e. bit-bangalore.edu.in to gain any more information.
Hostel and Facilities
BANGALORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
The BANGALORE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (BIT) is located in Bangalore and came into being in August, 1979 under the auspices of Vokkaligara Sangha, Bangalore. It is affiliated to Vishweshwariah Technical University.
Hostel and Other Facilities
Hostel facility is available for girls as well as boys. The hostel mess supplies hygienic, well balanced and nutritious food and is run by active involvement of students.
- At present B.I.T offers 9 undergraduate, 6 post graduate and a Ph.D course(s) with a student strength of more than 2500.
- There are a number of centres carrying out inter-disciplinary research and many collaborative programmes exist between the college and other institutions, like IISc, N.A.L, etc.
- The college is also a program centre for IGNOU
- Teaching & research work is also amply supported by facilities such as central library with 30000 volumes of text books and reference books,
- The college provides INDUSTRIAL CONSULTANCY AND RESEARCH CENTER.
- Besides this, the institute also offers the facilities like auditorium (1200 seating capacity), seminar hall, co-operative society, canteen.
- BIT teams have participated in various University inter-collegiate competitions such as volleyball, cricket, table tennis etc. The institute also organizes the “The Annual Athletic Meet” for students and its staff members in various sports such as cricket, football, volleyball, kabaddi, track events, carrom, chess, table tennis and shot-put.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at BIT students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.