Astha School of Management
Astha School of Management is run by Shree Panchamukhi Educational & Charitable Trust. It offers a 2 year MBA program that creates excellent professionals who have the capability to become innovative entrepreneurs and are also aware of their social responsibility. The course is approved by AITCE, Ministry of HRD in the Government of India and is affiliated to Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Orissa.
How to Apply?
- Application forms can be obtained both manually from the institute and online.
- The documents required to apply are H.S.C. or equivalent certificate and mark sheet, +2 or equivalent certificate and mark sheet, graduation certificate and mark sheet, post-graduation certificate and mark sheet (if any), conduct certificate, college leaving certificate from the last institution attended and a rank card of JEE/MAT/CAT/XAT/ATMA. 6 copies of passport size and 6 copies of stamp size photographs also need to be enclosed.
You can view the brochure online at http://www.asthaeducation.in/Admission_Bulletin.pdf
- Any candidate holding a Bachelor’s degree in any subject with a 50% or higher percentage is eleigible to apply.
- The candidate must also have a valid OJEE/CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT score
- Final year students of Bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply
- Situated adjacent to NH-5 in the heart of Bhubaneshwar and covering an area of 20000 sq.ft.
- Air-conditioned classrooms having latest technology
- Wi-Fi available 24x7
- 24x7 functioning canteen which serves nutritious food
- Well stocked library
- Industrial visits for practical exposure
- Tie-ups with leading companies for summer internships
- All modern facilities available
- Separate hostel for boys and girls
- Common room for boys and girls with indoor gaming facility
- Round the clock security measures taken for safety of students
- Computers available for use in the hostel with prior permission
- Hostel facilities will be given to students as per availability
The institute has an active placement cell that helps and organizes campus placements successfully. Some of the companies that recruites from Astha School of Management in 2013-14 are:
- Decathlon Sports India
- Orissa doot Pvt. Ld.
- Pensol India
- Business Dynamics Pvt. Ltd.
- Milk Mantra
- Source Key Media Pvt. Ltd.
- Prem Henna Pvt. Ltd.
- RG Tele Tech Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Devyani Foods Pvt. Ltd.
- Samarth Lifestyle
- Calvin Klein
- In2IT Technology
- Anant Nissan
Scholarships are available for meritorious students.
- Competency Incubator and Assessment Center classes given
- Communication Lab available to enhance communication skills
- Soft skill training sessions held regularly
- Summer internships given in companies that have tie-ups with the institute
- Personality Development Laboratory present for grooming sessions
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
|MBA||OJEE||Schedule Caste||1788 Rank||2016|
To pursue MBA at ASTHA students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.