Saurashtra University was established on 23rd May 1967 and is headquartered in Rajkot city, Gujarat. The jurisdiction of the University includes Amreli, Jamnagar, Rajkot, Surendranagar and Morbi districts.
Presently 272 colleges are affiliated to the University. The current chancellor of the University is Shri Om Prakash Kohli. The campus of the University is spread over 360 acres of land.
Through its 272 colleges, the university offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses in 43 departments.
The University provides courses in various disciplines including Science, commerce, arts, humanities etc. The top courses offered are as follows-
- Integrated B.Sc
The university has been granted an A Grade certification by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
Admission into most of the programs offered is through university conducted or state/national entrance tests.
Application and Admission Procedure
How to Apply
Students can either, download the form from the official website of the University, get it printed and fill it up or they can also acquire it from the University office. Students need to fill in the form duly and attach the required documents.
Application fee has to be paid by including a demand draft of the mentioned amount along with the application. The entire set needs to be sent to the Registrar of Saurashtra University.
The admission procedure varies across courses and programmes
Admission to Shaurashtra University for MA, M.Com, M.Li.Sc and M.P.Ed program is on the basis of the marks obtained in the last qualifying examination. For M.A. and M.Sc courses candidates have to qualify through the entrance exam conducted by the University.
MBA aspirants have to qualify in Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GCET) in order to get admission
Admission to M.Phil & Ph.D. programs is offered on the basis of score in university level entrance test followed by an interview.
The selected students will be called to the University and seats will be granted after payment of fees and verification of documents.
Hostel and Facilities
- There are separate boys and girls hostel
- There is also one separate research hostel for scholars
- Full Internet Connectivity
- 2 Seater Rooms (30) and 3 Seater Rooms (5) available
- 24 hours hot and cold water is provided
- Attached playground to the hostels
- Vehicle parking lot is also provisioned
- Newspaper and magazine library
- TV Room
- The Old Girls Hostel has 96 single seater rooms
- Research Hostel has 48 single seater rooms
- Indoor game halls in all the three hostels
- The University has a fully equipped central library with over 2,00,000 books spreading across various departments. The Library also has a microfilm reader, Internet connectivity reprographic services, Interactive Voice Recording Service (IVR) among other features
- There is also a highly enabled computer center with a high speed gigabit connection that provides around 250 hours of internet access quota for students, faculty, researchers etc.
- The University also has a Performing Arts Center, Meghani Sahitya Kendra which is renowned for showcasing top performing artists of the country
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
1) 3 year Law Degree Course - A candidate who has graduated in any discipline from a recognized University can appear for L.L.B. course
2) Integrated Degree Program - Candidate must have passed 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam or an exam cosidered to be equivalnt to 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam can enrol for integrated degree program (LLB and a first degree in any other subject).
Candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree after taking up other courses through distance mode are also considered eligible for integrated degree course. But those candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree through distance mode or from open universities without any basic qualification are not eligible for admission into law courses.
Minimum marks for admission into law courses -
1) 40% for SC/ST candidates
2) 45% for other candidates