Gujarat University is one of the eminent and renowned universities in our country. It came into existence in 1949 as a teaching and affiliating university by the Gujarat University Act of the Govt. of Gujarat, 1949. This state university is situated in Ahmedabad.
It was issued a ‘B++’ grade by NAAC. The motto of this university is “Diligence leads to Excellence”. This university is recognized by various organizations like UGC, AIU etc.
This age-old university offers UG, PG, Diploma, Certificate and Research programmes in various disciplines like law, Humanities, Social Science, Business and Management Studies, Animation, Mass Communication & Media, Medicine & Health Science etc.
Although this university has a large and beautiful university campus in Navarangpura, Ahmedabad it also has many affiliated colleges throughout the Gujrat. Today its student strength is near about 3,00,000 and it provides some excellent faculties in various disciplines.
The admission into most of the UG and PG programmes is on the basis of merit marks scored in 10+2 and Bachelor course respectively. For some courses like MTech, PGDSA, Medical courses entrance test is the gate pass.
Application and Admission Procedure
How to apply (for UG and PG courses)
- Admissions are conducted in Online mode only
- Apply online on the official website of the University
- Detailed process
- After completion of the registration process, the student will have to enter the marks and desired college to apply for. She/he will be given a provisional merit certificate depending on the marks scored in the qualifying examination.
- If the candidate did not get his selection in the first round of the admission process of the preferred college, she/he can apply for reshuffling.
- Candidates of PhD, MPhil, and Medical Courses have to appear in the entrance examination held by the University and the CBSE NEET respectively.
- 70% seats are reserved for candidates who have passed their qualifying examination from the schools of Ahmedabad & Gandhinagar Districts and 30% seats are reserved for those who have passed their qualifying examination from the schools located outside the above two mentioned districts.
- The candidate, for securing his/her admission, shall produce at the allotted college or institution only, the allotment/information letter, receipt of fee, all original documents and testimonials, for verification, within the specified time limit.
Hostel and Facilities
The campus of Gujarat University is located in Ahmedabad state Gujarat. It has state of the art infrastructure sprawling over 260 acres of land.
Varied facilities provided on campus are interactive classrooms, medical center along with dental health provisions, science lab, placement cell, workshops and a well-stocked library. Other facilities available are a canteen, sports arena and seminar hall.
Hostel facility is available at the college with twin sharing basis rooms. Each room has a bed, a cupboard, and a table. Hygienic mess along with recreational room gives a home like feeling. Each hostel is surrounded with lush green environment including playgrounds.
Various extra-curricular activities present on campus are cultural meets, sports meet, NSS, debate competitions and Gujarat University also started first of its kind in state radio facility named GURU. Other clubs are student welfare club, art club, law club and philosophy club.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
1) 3 year Law Degree Course - A candidate who has graduated in any discipline from a recognized University can appear for L.L.B. course
2) Integrated Degree Program - Candidate must have passed 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam or an exam cosidered to be equivalnt to 10+2 Higher Secondary Exam can enrol for integrated degree program (LLB and a first degree in any other subject).
Candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree after taking up other courses through distance mode are also considered eligible for integrated degree course. But those candidates who have obtained 10+2 Higher secondary exam certificate or a graduate degree through distance mode or from open universities without any basic qualification are not eligible for admission into law courses.
Minimum marks for admission into law courses -
1) 40% for SC/ST candidates
2) 45% for other candidates