Miranda House, residential college for women, is one of the premier Women's Institutions of Delhi University. It was founded in 1948 by the then Vice-Chancellor Sir Maurice Gwyer; its foundation stone was laid by Lady Edwina Mountbatten on March 7 in the same year. Located on the University campus, Miranda House is built in warm red brick with cool and spacious verandahs. Its original design was by the renowned architect Walter George, the college shares an architectural affinity with other colonial educational institutions of the country. In the past five decades, as the college has grown, several other buildings have been added to its original design. It is now declared a heritage building and work is on to maintain its pristine glory.
- University of Delhi
International Partnership ofMiranda House, Delhi University
- Ottawa University, Kansas USA
Application Criteria ofMiranda House, Delhi University
- The University of Delhi has a Centralized Pre-admission Form for admission to colleges.
- When applying to any regular course at Miranda House, in the first instance, students need not fill any form other than the Pre-admission Form, except for those seeking admission on the basis of Excellence in Sports and Extracurricular Activities.
- However, candidates are encouraged to visit the college website to obtain an overview of the college and details of the selection criteria which would form the basis of admission.
Departments withinMiranda House, Delhi University
- Department of English
- Department of Hindi
- Department of Sanskrit
- Department of Modern Indian Languages
- Department of Economics
- Department of History
- Department of Philosophy
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Sociology
- Department of Geography
- Department of Botany
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Physics
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Elementary Education
Contact Information forMiranda House, Delhi University
- Address: University of Delhi, Delhi, 110007
- Phone:011 2766 6983