Manipal Institute of Technology (MIT) is a private college established in 1957 in Manipal, Karnataka, and is a constituent institution of the Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), a deemed university, since 2000. It is one of the first self-financing colleges in India, and is approved by the AICTE. Today it is ranked among the top 10 private engineering schools of the country.
The institute has 18 departments that offer B. Tech Programs at the undergraduate level, and M. Tech, M.Sc., M.C.A. and an integrated M.B.A. program (in conjunction with other programs in MAHE) at the postgraduate level.
The admission into UG and PG programs is on the basis of merit marks scored in Class 12 and the candidate’s Bachelor’s degree respectively, in addition to the candidate’s score in the All India Manipal Entrance Test (MET) 2018, to be taken online, for all programs.
MIT’s campus is spread over 313 acres in Udupi district, Karnataka, and is very well equipped with complete Wi-Fi coverage, library facilities, hostels, labs, classrooms, Simulation Center, Business Incubation Center, and various sports and entertainment facilities.
Application and Admission Procedure
The candidates need to visit the official website of the institute in order to fill in the online admission forms. The admissions are done on the basis of MU-OET .
- The first step of the application process includes filling in the personal and educational details.
- Then upload scanned copy of signature and photograph.
- The application fee is 600INR and 1400INR for the candidates who have applied for entrance test. The payment can be done through credit/debit card/net-banking or demand draft drawn in favor of Director – Admissions, Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka Pin- 576106
- The candidates are required to book slots through Online Test Booking System (OTBS).
- The students passing the entrance test are called for counseling on the basis of their ranks.
- The printout of the application form has to be taken out for future reference.
Hostel and Facilities
The college provides hostel accommodation for students. The hostel can house more than 7000 students, out of which 25 percent is for female students, and 75 percent is for male students.
The college campus also provides library, innovative center, practice school, students’ life cycle management system, and practice school for the students. Other than these the college has many technical and cultural clubs which help the students to show and improve their talents in other fields also.
Technical clubs of the college are Indian institute of chemical engineer, BMESI Manipal Chapter, Indian society for technical education, CITI club, SAE India collegiate club and more. Cultural clubs of the college are mafia music and fine arts club, society for personality development, Rotaract club, Leo club and more.
Every semester the college celebrates some fests such as technical fest the TechTatva which is celebrated in all the odd semester and the cultural fest Revels which is celebrated in all the even semester.