Naipunnya Institute of Management and Information Technology (NIMIT), Thrissurestablished in 1998, is a project of the Archdiocese of Ernakulam-Angamaly. It is the first college in Kerala to offer a university degree in Hotel Management from the University of Calicut. NIMIT is a centre of excellence where the best in human is unveild through predetermined and structured teaching-learning methodologies. Today NIMIT has spread its wings, with a college at Cherthala in the district of Alleppey and public schools at Edakunnu and Thrikkakkara.
NIMIT is an institution which imparts premium professional education at affordable cost. The institute provides an environment that is conducive to meet the needs of each student fosters quality education and continually helps in developing self-confidence and a positive self-image in them.
To become a centre par excellence of learning, where the best in humans is unveiled, based on human values, focused on life enhancement and constructive in adapting to the needs of the world.
To mould individuals into successful and vibrant professionals facilitating comprehensive and rounded formation, to function as effective and empathetic human beings, grounded with courage of conviction,personal integrity, professional ingenuity and social commitment.
Why to join Naipunnya Institute of Management and Information Technology, Thrissur?
- Facilities: The campus offers modern facilities to every student through which they can feel secure and concentrate more on their academics. The finely ventilated classrooms, well stocked library, laboratories and a few more comforts all the students and helps them to improve their skills and abilities.
- Placement cell: The College has a dedicated placement cell which always tries to support every student and get them placed in a better position. The members of the cell conduct a few events and activities through which they ensure that students gain overall development.
- Industrial training: The College with an intention to offer a professional exposure to the students allows them to enjoy a few visits to the industry to learn a few techniques which are useful during placements.
- Department of Hotel Management
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Commerce
For more details about admission please contact :-
Mail : [email protected]
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at NIMIT students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.