Gopalan College of Engineering and Management(GECM
Gopalan College of Engineering and Management (GECM) is a premier institute for management situated in Bangalore. The college is a part of the Gopalan Group which was founded in 1984. It is one of the renowned management institute which provides quality education in multiple courses with high values of education. They have qualified and experienced faculty who drive the campus with positive energy and academic excellence.
How to Apply
- The candidate can come personally to the campus and collect the application form in return of INR 500 in cash.
- The Candidate can opt to send a Demand Draft of INR 500 in favor of the Gopalan College of Engineering and Management, payable at Bangalore to the college address. The application form will be sent to the candidate by post.
- Application form can also be downloaded from the http://www.gopalancolleges.com/ and can be sent to the college duly filled along with Demand Draft of INR 500.
- Candidate must have three year of graduation course after 10+2 equivalent examination.
- The Candidate must apply to the Gopalan College of Engineering and Management for admission.
- The candidate must score 50% marks at least in the graduation level in the all three years of degree.
- The candidate must accept the final decision of the management in order to comply with the institution.
- The management will decide the shortlisted candidate for the MBA courses.
- The candidate must have three years of bachelor degree education
- The candidate must score 50% marks at least in degree education.
This is one of the most lavish and vast campus for education in India. Gopalan College is a reputed name among the private colleges and known for the infrastructure. The Amphitheater of the college is one of the highlights of the campus. There are indoor and outdoor sporting facilities as well in the campus. Seminar Halls, hi tech devices, special library and many more are available in the campus for the students.
The Hostel Facility and campus of the college is amazingly managed and beautifully architect. There are separate hostels for boys and girls adjacent to the college campus. Hostel campus is equipped with furniture and facilities. There are appointed Wardens in the hostels to look after the students and maintain discipline and decorum.
The college has dedicated and individual Placement Cell, which looks after career opportunities of the students. The job of this placement cell is to bridge gap between the academics of the students and the industry standards. Top companies like IBM, Infosys, Trigent, Accenture, Bajaj Finserv, MPhasis and many others come to recruit students from the college. For more information please visit http://www.gopalancolleges.com/gcem/pdf/prospectus.pdf and http://www.gopalancolleges.com/gcem/placement.html .
College has done well in the sector of management education in recent times. The performance of the college has been noticed by the many organizations who have ranked them high on the list. It is considered as one of the good colleges for MBA and Management education.
The students’ life is a matter to cherish for in GCEM. The high facility campus give the students a very high degree of life in the college campus. There are facilities to indulge in physical activities and to grow self as well in the college.
|Maximum salary offered|
|Minimum salary offered|
|Average salary offered|
To pursue MBA at GCEM students must satisfy following eligibility criteria.
The minimum qualification to apply for admission to the MBA Program is a Bachelor's Degree (10+2+3 years of education) in any discipline which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities, or any degree equivalent to the Bachelor's Degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in the Secondary / Higher Secondary / Pre-degree Examinations (or equivalent) conducted by a Board / University.
Those appearing for the final year of the Bachelor's degree examinations may also apply subject to completing their examinations or viva-voce, if any, before June 30. Such candidates will however have to fulfil the above eligibility requirements in respect of minimum academic qualifications for admission and furnish evidence to that effect latest by October 31. At the time of interview and/or admissions, they will be required to produce a letter from their College Principal / Head of Institution stating the exam dates.
Candidates with appropriate industry experience will be given preference for admissions. Their work experience will be given due weightage in terms of the organization, position held and duration.
Selected candidates will be called to attend Group Discussions and Personal Interviews. Multiple Group Discussion & Personal Interview lists will be released in phases, both before and after the Application Deadline. The intimation for interview & group discussion is done through registered post and e-mail. In the case of some programs, Group Discussion may not be conducted, in favor of a rigorous interview process.
The selection criteria for calling candidates for admissions is based on multiple factors as follows:
- Past academic performance
- Quality & content of the answers in the application form
- Work experience, if any , in terms of job content & organization
- Group Discussion & Interview performance (applicable for final admissions only)
- Extra curricular activities, other interests & accomplishments
- Competitive Test score (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT)
A combination of all the above factors are used to determine the eligibility of candidates to be offered final admission. Test scores are NOT the only criteria for selection.
A high test score does not guarantee a call for Group Discussion/Interview. The selection criteria are based on multiple factors as mentioned above.