Loyola College of Social Sciences was founded by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) in 1963, the College offers courses in M A (Sociology), MSW (Masters in Social Work), MAHRM (Masters in Human Resource Management) and MSc Counselling Psychology. The College is affiliated to the University of Kerala and is a recognized Research Centre of the University. The Centre prepares students for Ph.D. in Sociology, Social work and Management Studies and also takes up sponsored research projects. A full-fledged Extension Services, Loyola Extension Services (LES) is unique feature of the College. The LES acts as the Social Lab of the College.
True to the Jesuit tradition of MAGIS (Excellence) and the commitment to Faith and Justice, Loyola strives to reach the benefits of higher education to the people, especially the marginalized. In reaching this goal, we are guided by the Ignatian vision of life and its application in Jesuit Education.
Loyola College Trivandrum, a premier institute of excellence, engaged in knowledge building for inclusive social development and moulding globally competent and socially sensitive professionals towards social transformation.
- Quality and Sustainability
- Eco-sensitivity and Inclusiveness
- Integrity and Humanness in Life and Profession
- Collaboration and Promotion of Justice
Loyola College Trivandrum strives to educate and form the youth as liberated lifelong learners who are sensitive to gender and ecology, empowered to respond to global challenges. We are committed to facilitate an integral, inclusive and humane development of the society.
Excellence in life through engaged learning.
Why to Join Loyola College of Social Sciences, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala ?
- A different objective: The institute teaches the students to get out of the set academic isolation and rules of the society and work for the people of the society in their time of need. It builds the mind of the candidate towards bringing a positive change in the social and global development of the nation by making them responsive professionals for social transformations.
- Facilities: Library, computer centre, audio-visual hall, hostels, LES hall, cafeteria, transportation, etc. are some of the facilities provided by the institute.
- Eminent Visitors: Shankar Dayal Sharma, Ex President of India, V. V. Giri, Ex President of India; A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, Ex President of India; Shri Pranab Kumar Mukherjee, Ex President of India; Mother Teresa, the Saint of Kolkata; V.K. Krishna Menon, Ex Indian Ambassador to the UN and many more respectedpeople of the country have visited the institute.
For more details about admission please contact :-