The Vivekananda College was established in 1970 with the aim to promote learning in the fields of undergraduate, post graduate and short term courses. Being a part of Delhi University and accredited by the University Grants Commission (UGC), Vivekananda College is a hub for higher education as well as extra-curricular activities.
As a women only college, Vivekananda College provides the best stepping stones for young learners to nurture their talents before facing the real world. Having an area of over 10 acres, Vivekananda College provides ample opportunities for the development of a holistic profile.
Vivekananda College has a number of cultural activities that take place within the halls of the campus. From Pallavi- their winter festival, to the ‘Miss Vivek’ Personality Contest, the college strives to showcase nothing but the best for the growth and development of women. With this in mind, Vivekananda College has set its sights to achieve the best for its students.
The college provides undergraduate, postgraduate and short-term courses. Admission into the programs is based purely on merit.
Application and Admission Procedure
Vivekananda College, DU
How to apply
The candidates need to fill the online application form in order to proceed with admissions into various courses offered by the university. The application form may also be filled offline after obtaining a printout of the same. It is necessary to fill all fields accurately without any falsification.
The admission into the college is based on cut-off. Being a renowned undergraduate college, the cut off goes as high as 95%.
After entering the required information, candidates need to furnish scanned copies of the necessary documents at the time of admissions along with original and self-attested photocopies of the following:
- Printout of registration form of admission.
- Undertaking by the candidate (for anti ragging)
- Undertaking by the parent/guardian (for anti ragging of their ward)
- Provisional Certificate of Class XII (in original)
- Character Certificate recent (in original)
- Migration/Transfer Certificate (in original) for those who have passed Class XII from outside Delhi.
- Self-attested photocopy of Class XII Marksheet
- Self-attested photocopy of Class X Marksheet
- Two self-attested photocopies of SC/ST/PwD/KM/CW Certificate (in the name of the candidate) issued by the competent authority
- Two self-attested photocopies of OBC (non-creamy layer) Certificate of the financial year 2016-17 (in the name of candidate) issued by the competent authority
- Two passport sized recent photographs of the candidate
After attaching all the documents, the candidates need to submit the application form or bring it with them at the time of admissions for future reference and the counseling sessions.
Hostel and Facilities
It has a well resourced and fully digitized library with 53,600 books, 61 journals and 10 periodicals along with audio – visual materials, and CDs. The entire campus has modern facilities with excellent Wifi connectivity. There are 3 computer laboratories with internet access, projectors ans scanners.
Students have a wide range of well equipped centers to exhibit their skills, and to gain technical knowledge such as the Music Room, the food technology laboratory and the Psychology laboratory. Intensive training is given by the Sports faculty for indoor and outdoor games which are Hockey, Volleyball, Football, Table tennis and Athletics.
Medical facilities are provided 24 by 7 and the College has signed up three visiting doctors, each of homeopathy, allopathy and ayurveda.